Complaint Review: potentialpredators.com

• Reported By: LostInMarbles — Des Moines Iowa United States of America
potentialpredators.com

potentialpredators.com Blackmail, extortion,slander Internet

*General Comment: They are not gone

*Author of original report: Thanks to everyone

*Consumer Comment: ways to report

*Author of original report: Potential Predators Update

*Consumer Comment: How to Remove

I went to check my email on September 13 and found that I had gotten an email from potentialpredators.com saying that they had listed me as a potential predator. I clicked on the link and of course was very pissed off when they told me that I would have to pay $100 to get my name off the list. So like an idiot I payed it and they did take my name off the list but then I started going through their list of people and found to people of interest Chris Hansen and James Holmes both which are known nationwide and thats when I figured out that I had been ripped off so I wrote them 3 emails which have gone unanswered but the money I paid is back in my account. The best advice I can give is write them and inform them that you will sue them for slander as their servers are not located in the USA there fore they are no protected from being sued. How do they get a hold of my information? Its pretty simple they send people out on to the net looking for peoples information and then they post it on their site. The best thing to do is change all your settings to private and if you have a personal picture up change it to something different. They got mine off of craigslist so I would be careful putting a picture on their. Also go on their facebook page, report them for being a scam, and write something on their wall and let people know that they blackmail innocent people to get rich quick. Let us unite against them and show them that we wount be bullied. They are most likely in Germany or Panama.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2012 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/potentialpredatorscom/internet/potentialpredatorscom-Blackmail-extortionslander-Internet-943089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on potentialpredators.com

#1 General Comment

They are not gone

AUTHOR: traveller - (United States of America)

Potential predtors site may be gone but they have opened a new site called theonline-watch.com and are still listing people and still trying to blackmail / extort the $99. I know because I am on there after having just got an email. So good work for the one site now can we get them closed on the new site.

Thanks to everyone

AUTHOR: LostInMarbles - (United States of America)

Just an update Thanks to everyone that reported potentialpredators.com because we spoke out they no longer have their website and have been shut down by us. I checked their website today and it is just a list of google sites. Hopefully we have let them known we wouldnt be bullied and now they are done.

ways to report

AUTHOR: sunn - (United States of America)

Federal Trade Commission (FTC does not address individual cases, but does look for patterns. So the more victims report them here, the more likely FTC to look at this) https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

FBI- Internet Crime
www.ic3.gov

Website Hosting Services for www.PotentialPredators.com
abuse@internet.bs
abuse@privatewhois.net

Website's Optimization Services (makes the victims' "profiles" come up in first few pages of search results). Link to the complaint form:
(((link redacted)))

Potential Predators Update

AUTHOR: LostInMarbles - (United States of America)

Just an update if you go to potentialpredators.com you will now see under the FAQ section they claim they cant be sued but remember they still can cause they are stealing peoples pictures and information. If you look for your name you probably wont find it as I told them they were looking at a class action lawsuit.

How to Remove

AUTHOR: GaryL - (United States of America)

Did these guys really remove your profile after you paid? How long did it take to have it removed (is it within an hour like their website states?)? Hopefully they didn't repost your info did they?

Thanks