Complaint Review: potentialpredators.com

• Submitted: Thu, September 13, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, September 15, 2012

• Reported By: Mike — Seattle Washington United States of America
potentialpredators.com

potentialpredators.com potential predators Slander, libel, unauthorized use of personal information and likeness, false accusations of criminal conviction zona 15, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Further Information

*General Comment: Something Must Be done about Potentialpredators.com!

On thursday Sept. 13th 2012, I received an email from potentialpredators.com that my name email address and photo were being published on their site without my authorization and that I would be required to pay $100 USD in order to remove the libelous "profile"

I contacted them to have the unauthorized information removed from the page and they have not responded.

This is illegal blackmail, and illegal false accusations made in public.

Paying to have it removed is not a legitimate business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2012 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/potentialpredatorscom/internet/potentialpredatorscom-potential-predators-Slander-libel-unauthorized-use-of-personal-i-940818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on potentialpredators.com

Further Information

AUTHOR: madhawk110 - (United States of America)

I've been targeted by this heinous scam on this website as well.  I've done some research, the domain name was registered through Fundacion Private WhoIs.  Here's their email address I strongly recommend you contact them as well.  They could pull the entire site down via the domain with the questionable content.  I will be contacting my lawyer in the morning to discuss the proper course of action on this as well.

#2 General Comment

Something Must Be done about Potentialpredators.com!

AUTHOR: Ereed99 - (United States of America)

I too have pretty much the same exact story.  I was notified by email with a link, so I clicked on it and it had a picture of me with my email address with a caption "delete profile" which leads to a credit card form for 100$  I have researched this site and its a complete scam!  Not to mention they have a scrolling picture gallery of convicted sexual predators as to add to the urgency to get your pic and info off there, all a ploy to get your $ If they were really for finding predators why would they provide a pay out?  Anyone can submit an email and pic and then you are on there.  Upon further reading they will not take it off unless you pay.  Isn't that BLACKMAIL?  I'd be willing to bet they have people fishing singles sites for victims to put on their list so they can make $  I have never been involved in anything Improper or Illegal and yet now I must deal with this BS.  Please anyone that wants to help or join in the pursuit please contact me.  I am disgusted by true predators just as much as anyone but this site is Horrible.