Complaint Review: Potter Scott Associates, L.L.C.

• Submitted: Tue, March 04, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, March 04, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Woodstock Georgia
Potter Scott Associates, L.L.C.
338 Harris Hill Rd. Suite212 Williamsville , New York USA
  • Phone: 716 616 3566
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Potter Scott Associates, L.L.C. A representative from this company called me and told me I owed money for a pay day loan in the amount of $1000.00 . I told him I did not have a job right now. A few months later someone called me and stated they worked for the County Courts and they were about to serve me with civil papers. I set up a payment. Then the next month when it was time to pay they called my son and several of my friends "looking" for me. Williamsville New York

A representative from this firm called me to inform me I owed $2,279.16 for a pay day loan in the amount of $1,000.00. I informed him I was unemployed. A few weeks later someone called me and told me they were a repreentative of the court in my county and they were serving me with papers in a civil case. The man asked me what time I would be home the next day so I could sign for the papers. I asked which division of the court he worked for and he could not answer my question. I hung up the phone. He had given me and 800 number to call which I called. The person claimed I owed $2279.16 from a pay day loan of $1,000.00 and he would knock the debt down to $1403.80 if I could make 4 installment payments.

I made one installment, then the second one did not go through my bank. Someone called me over and over all day. I did not answer, then the next day my 27 year old son called and was scared to death. he said someone called him and said I was in legal trouble and was about to be a "defendant" in a criminal case. I called the Potter & Scott and was transferred to a woman named Tina. Tina said she had called my son. i told her to never ever call him again. She told me I had to make the missed payment immediately and when I said I did not hve the money she began screaming at me and threatening to send my case to the attorneys for litigation. I hung up on her.

A few days later I was realying this story to my friend. She said oh yes, they called me looking for you, too.  I have no idea how or why they called her. I have not given out her information to anyone.

I emailed the State Attorney General's Office and I was informed by them to inform the state's consumer afairs office.

I would love to be able to stop these people from harrassing everyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Potter-Scott-Associates-LLC/-Williamsville-New-York-14221/Potter-Scott-Associates-LLC-A-representative-from-this-company-called-me-and-told-me-1128347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Potter Scott Associates, L.L.C.