Complaint Review: Pound 4 Pound Boxing

• Updated: Wed, September 04, 2013

• Reported By: Bennett's — Spring Texas
Pound 4 Pound Boxing
307-F Sawdust Road Spring, Texas USA

Pound 4 Pound Boxing, Antonio Flores, Benjamin Harris False Advertisement & Fraudulent Credit Card Activity Spring Texas

I joined Pound 4 Pound Boxing gym May 31st under the impression I would have a free 30 day trial period.  After the first two weeks of the trial period in June we canceled because we never used the facility once during those two weeks.  We were told that we would not be charged.  On July 5th we were charged $150.00 Recurring debit.  We went in to the gym and was told we would be refunded.  Instead of receiving a credit the gym stole $95.00 on a credit card purchase on July 19th.  We immediately canceled our credit card and demanded our money back.

It has been 100 days later and still no Money back.  We tried to get the gym to cut us a check but they said they could not do that instead they wrote our bank a letter twice.  Our bank is telling us the letter is not good enough and we can not get the gym To pay us back.  I have left numerous voicemails and have not yet received a phone call back. [continued below]....

.....

The $245.00 the gym has taken from me is not considered to be a cancellation of contract because it clearly states in the gyms website "Iron Clad 60 day money back guarantee."   Even if I were to have gone past the 30 day trial which I did not I should still have the same guarantee every other customer is offered from their website.

I have video recordings of an owner acknowledging my cancellation and that this is not the first time this has happened.  In fact the owner admitted I was the fourth person who had experienced this.

I informed the gym that I would have no choice but to take them to small claims court if they could not pay me back.  The owner told me "You do what you feel like you need to do."  So I guess I will have to spend more money to get this resolved.  I will take whatever legal action I need to take so that this never happens to anyone else.  It is unfortunate that we have these types of businesses within our community.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2013 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pound-4-Pound-Boxing/Spring-Texas-77380/Pound-4-Pound-Boxing-Antonio-Flores-Benjamin-Harris-False-Advertisement-Fraudulent-Cr-1081562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pound 4 Pound Boxing