Complaint Review: Power Arrowhead Chevrolet

• Updated: Sat, July 30, 2011

• Reported By: Alex — surprise Arizona United States of America
Power Arrowhead Chevrolet
9055 W Bell Road, Peoria, Arizona United States of America

Power Arrowhead Chevrolet Horrible! Lies! Slimey Used care sales at its worst! Peoria, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: possible fraud

*Consumer Suggestion: Were you paying the $123/month on your payment?

I traded my 2006 F-150 in at this dealership on May 18, 2011. I wanted to get rid of my paid off truck for something with better gas milage. They had a 2007 Dodge caliber for sale. It had higher mileage, but this seemed to be a reputeable dealership and they had a warranty program through the dealership and Western General. I test from the car, looked at the carfax, and decided to go through with it.

One of the swaying factors in my decision was the coverage with Western General they sold me. Essentially for $123/month, automatically deducted from my account, bumper to bumper would be covered following the $150 deductible. Great! The dealership agreed to cover the cost of the $177 downpayment for the warranty. So, I filled out all the paperwork and they sent me on my happy way with my new car.

On the way to work the next day my new car broke down. Great. Still under the dealer warranty I got the car into the shop, and it was discovered that the transmission was out. So they set my up with a rental car (although this cost me $250 out of pocket, now add this to my lost wages for the day.) It took them 7 days to replace the transmission. Ok, so I was now a little nervous, wondering what I'd gotten myself into, but I was hopeful that this would be the only big issue for a while, and plus, I had my Western General warranty right?

Well my dealer warranty ran out July 18th. July 28th, my car broke down, and I couldn't even get it out of my work parking lot. So I call my handy dandy Western General for my warranty. Which didn't exist. All the information that they had on my car's warranty was that it was void. What?! So I call the dealership. Well it turns out that my car never qualified for the warranty they sold me, so it was never valid!

No one bothered to notify me of this, and the car was never qualified for the warranty anyways, and I would not have bought a 2007 car with 100k miles on it without a warranty!! So I get my car towed to the nearest dodge dealership, paying out of my own pocket, and not including my $60 tow fee, with will cost $780 to repair my car. Needs a new alternator and a new battery. Too bad I was sold a VOID WARRANTY! I'm 23, I finished school and work two jobs, but I'm not exactly rolling in cash. I bought this car to SAVE money. My dealership warranty expired JUST 10 days ago. Thanks for the rip off Power Chevy Arrowhead.

Nice building, but it may as well be a junk car dealership off grand. DO NOT buy yourself a car from these people. These people seem nice but are just WORTHLESS. I cannot express how completely disgusted I am by this worthless batch of scum. SAVE YOURSELF don't touch one of their used cars with a ten foot pole.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2011 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Power-Arrowhead-Chevrolet/Peoria-Arizona-/Power-Arrowhead-Chevrolet-Horrible-Lies-Slimey-Used-care-sales-at-its-worst-Peoria-Ar-758605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Power Arrowhead Chevrolet

possible fraud

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

If they took the money out of your account then you have a valid warranty which may stand up in small claims court. You may be able to prove fraud.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Were you paying the $123/month on your payment?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

If not, did you ask why?

If so, they owe you a refund.

Did you just decide, hey, no $123, but I've got a warranty?