Complaint Review: Power HCG / Supreme

• Submitted: Mon, June 14, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, June 21, 2011

• Reported By: JS — Vienna West Virginia United States of America
Power HCG / Supreme
2230 N University Pkwy, Ste 7E, PO Box 50208 Provo, Utah United States of America

Power HCG / Supreme Deceptive Sales, Marketing and Advertising to make large fraudulent charges to credit card Provo, Utah

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Ripped Off In Wisconsin

*UPDATE Employee: Power HCG Customer Support

In my opinion, Power HCG uses highly deceptive advertising, sales, marketing, and communication to lure potential consumers into believing they are ordering a sample for $4.95.   A few weeks later, you will find a large charge for $179.95 on your credit card (this is in addition to the earlier $4.95 charge).   When you call them to find out why they have made this fraudulent charge to your account, they claim that somewhere in the "legalese" fine print of their terms and conditions there is a sentence that gives them the right to do this.   No where in the actual ordering screen, advertisement, or order confirmation did I see any clear and explicit mention of this.  In my opinion, they were very non-cooperative, and would not correct this issue.

I have subsequently filed a claim with the U.S. Post Office for mail fraud, with the FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection for deceptive advertising intended to mislead potential consumers, and with the Better Business Bureau in Provo, Utah, who is currently investigating.   I have also canceled my Mastercard to prevent further fraud and to file contested charges against this specific fraudulent charge of $179.95.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2010 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Power-HCG-Supreme/Provo-Utah-84605-0208/Power-HCG-Supreme-Deceptive-Sales-Marketing-and-Advertising-to-make-large-fraudulent-c-614193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Power HCG / Supreme

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Ripped Off In Wisconsin

AUTHOR: Nicole - (United States of America)

In my opinion, Power HCG uses highly deceptive advertising, sales, marketing, and communication to lure potential consumers into believing they are ordering a sample for $9.95.   A few days later, you will find a large charge for $89.95 on your credit card (this is in addition to the earlier $9.95 charge).   When you call them to find out why they have made this fraudulent charge to your account...your unable to get through!   No where in the actual ordering screen, advertisement, or order confirmation did I see any clear and explicit mention of this.  In my opinion, they were very non-cooperative, and would not correct this issue. I have subsequently filed a claim with the U.S. Better Business Bureau, who is currently investigating.   I have also canceled my Visa to prevent further fraud and to file contested charges against this specific fraudulent charge of $89.95.    Hopefully the government agencies will shutdown this operation.   In any case, I am filing this report as a potential warning for any other consumer who may be lured in by this highly deceptive marketing.

Also...this rebuttal that they keep putting on your site:

To Whom it May Concern,

If you have ordered the Power HCG product and need assistance Please call CUSTOMER SUPPORT at 800-581-8352 M-F 9 AM - 6 PM or SUPPORT@POWERHCG.COM.  If you email please include your telephone number or order number so we may look up your account and see how we can help resolve the situation.  We will be prompt and helpful to assist you with questions or concerns.

Thanks,

George Kruger
Tel 800-581-8352
Account Assistant Manager
support@powerhcg.com

I've been on-hold on several occasions (once for over an hour) with NO answer.  The last email was:

Hi,
You will receive the bottles within next 2-3 days as we already shipped it out. As soon as you will receive it, Please do send it back to us.
If you have any further questions, please let me know. Thank you!

I already cancelled and they sent out another bottle!!! After I cancelled and received my cancellation number!

Please afraid!!!

Power HCG Customer Support

AUTHOR: georgekruger - (United States of America)

To Whom it May Concern,

We have taken great effort to notify customers of sales price of product after the product trial expires.  The product terms are listed in the terms and conditions / check-box as well as clearly stated on the checkout page prior to ordering.  We also include a print out copy of the terms on the shipment of your product.

Thanks,