Complaint Review: Power Nissan

• Reported By: larsfan — Chandler Arizona United States of America
Power Nissan
1350 S Gilbert Road Chandler, Arizona United States of America

Power Nissan Power Nissan Chandler Spot Delivery Scam Chandler, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Just a lack of common sense here. Nothing more.

*Consumer Comment: lease

DO NOT buy/lease from Nissan Power in Chandler. They are crooks and scam artists. I recently leased a 2011 Nissan Rogue. The salesman ran my credit, showed me the payment options, we agreed and I signed the lease and drove off with the car. All indications were that the car was mine. He never once stated anything about a spot delivery, which means there was a chance the lease could be denied later, or I could drive off with the car and they work the details out later. Never once mentioned that to me. They called me a week later and said I was rejected because of my credit history. My credit has been near flawless over the past few years. It was 4 years ago that I had a lot of issues. I've worked really hard to improve this. Over a week later I was told my contract and lease agreement meant nothing and I had to bring the car back. I was never told this and had all legal documentation and lease agreement to show. They said I wasnt approved to lease, BUT was approved for a loan to buy the car?!? The "best" they could off is $414 a month for 60 months. They could get it down to around $380 a month for 66 months. I came into the dealership thinking between $350-370 tops a month for 60 months to buy. I know my credit isn't that bad. I don't know what APR they were offering, but every article I read about this "spot delivery scam" is coming true to a T. They called me back a week after we got the car, told me I wasn't approved, told me I had to return the car or pay more money for more months. 3 weeks later, I am still negotiating. It's ridiculous. I haven't had peace of mind in 3 weeks because of Nissan.I told them that I couldn't do those terms and said I would bring the car back on Saturday (it being a Thursday). They called me back, first time in a week mind you, and said they just got word from their "higher ups" and that this situation has to be resolved today. Funny, how they let me drive it for three weeks, but when I say I'm bringing it back and didnt want to compromise to their new deal, they want it back immediately. I honestly think they thought I was going to buckle and accept their terms. When I didn't, all of a sudden this is an urgent matter that must be resolved immediately. This is how shady and terrible it makes Nissan and their customer service look. They tried to scam me out of more money, I held my ground and they wanted to retreat, causing my wife and I 3 weeks of misery. I filed complaints with Nissan corporate and was told they have no aurhotity over the actual dealerships. Great help their customer service was. I also filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Arizona Attorney General, whom told me despite the legal contract, if the financing wasnt approved I have to give the car back. I still am in shock at this scam. I dont get it, they definitely won't be able to sell this car as new any more as it has close to 900 miles on it now. I felt absolutely hassled and scammed. It has now been three weeks to the day since we got our car. Every day has been a nightmare. I've tried calling the dealership for the last week and a half. It just rings. No one picks up. I've had only two return phone calls. This is the worst experience my wife and I have ever had. I want everyone to be aware of this spot delivery scam. Make sure you are 100% sure the car is yours and approved before you drive off. And, DO NOT buy or lease from Nissan Power in Chandler. They are crooks and scam artists. Terrible customer service and no regard for people. All they care about is making more money at ANY expense.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2011 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Power-Nissan/Chandler-Arizona-/Power-Nissan-Power-Nissan-Chandler-Spot-Delivery-Scam-Chandler-Arizona-685302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Power Nissan

Just a lack of common sense here. Nothing more.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Let me get this straight.

You are allegedly a grown, educated, adult person, right??

WHY would you take possession of any major item, sale or lease,without first having a FULLY EXECUTED finance contract in hand???

Do you know the difference between a sale contract and a finance contract??

WHY would you ever believe a SALESMAN???

The fact of the matter is that you simply don't have any common sense.

No rip off here. You just don't have any common sense.

lease

AUTHOR: customerjim - (United States of America)

I think the dealership did rip you off by not providing u with all the info. I mean who would go to all that trouble to not really "own" a car? I must add however when you deal with high pressure FORIEGN autodealerships this is what you get. Have you ever heard of this at an american dealership?On another note, the same people that complain about the current economy are the same people driving around in there toyota, nissan, {fill in any foriegn make here} Cmon people, at the end of the day the money goes else where! get a clue, in a way maybe this is irony for your problems.