Complaint Review: Power Technology Southeast Inc

• Updated: Fri, February 19, 2010

• Reported By: Richard — pahrump Nevada USA
Power Technology Southeast Inc
www.powertech-gen.com Leesburg, Florida United States of America

Power Technology Southeast Inc PowerTech Generators I purchased a diesel truck APU to provide electric, heating and aircindiotioning on my tractor trailer so I would not have to idle my truck engine while the truck is parked pahrump, Nevada

*Author of original report: rebutal to Power

*UPDATE Employee: Warranty coverage

In June of 2006 I purchased a diesel truck APU to provide eclectric power, heat and airconditioning for my tractor trailer so that I would not have to idle my tracotr trailer while parked and to meet anti idle regulations in many states. Since the beging of my purchase I have had problems with the unit. First after the installation the unit would not work, PowerTech provided and new electronic control box to fix the problem, three months later the heat system stopped working, PowerTech that I contact the maker of the HVAC unit they sold me with their diesel generator (they sold me a complete package they put together), a few months later the generator stopped working,,PowerTech advised me to open the electroinic control box and place a jumper wire between 2 terminals to slove the problem, I did so but the fix made the Auto start function that would automatically start the generator when the truck batteries got low to not work anymore.

I called PowerTech's service departmeant several times and sent several emails and never got any return calls or any contact from PowerTech to help me solve the problems I had with their Truck APU. A short time later the unit stopped working on hot days when outside temperatures rose above 95 degrees. I then sent called and left messages with PowerTech's service department with no results,,I then sent emails to all email addresses listed on their website and finally got an email back and was contacted by their service department. I was told that they knew of the problem and that I should remove the electronic control box and put a spacer between the control box and the mounting so more air would circulate between the control box and where it was mounted. It did not slove the problem. Next the encloure door fell off. I caintacted PowerTech again and they did send me a replacement door. After 20 months of problems when temperatures again got about 95 degrees and the unit would stop working I tried to cantact PowerTech again several times by phone and email I got no results.

I paid $6500 for the PowerTech APU and it came with a 3 year warranty and I can not get powertech to solve my problems . I do not reccommend their product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2009 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Power-Technology-Southeast-Inc/Leesburg-Florida-34748/Power-Technology-Southeast-Inc-PowerTech-Generators-I-purchased-a-diesel-truck-APU-to-prov-483993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Power Technology Southeast Inc

rebutal to Power

AUTHOR: Richard - (USA)

Opps I made a mistake on the purchase date,,It was June 2007 and was installed on a New 2008 Peterbilt truck.. I had tried several times to get help from Power Tech . I called several times and all I got was voice mail when trying to contact Power Techs service manager, I left several messages with no repsonce from Power tech as well as sent several emails complaining of my problems..Power Tech has ignored my attemps to contact then in 2008 thru 2009. As of this date 2-19-10 my unit is still under warranty and power tech knows this..their unit is junk,,

Warranty coverage

AUTHOR: Power Tech - (United States of America)

You are correct the unit has a three year (36-Month) warranty. You purchased it in June 2006 your complaint is August 2009 that is 38-months. The suggestion is you take the unit to the dealer you purchased it from, and have them do any repairs.