Complaint Review: PowerOn Services

• Submitted: Sun, February 28, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, January 02, 2012

• Reported By: Dr Holmes — United States of America
PowerOn Services
Ste 101, 8801 Washington Boulevard Roseville, California United States of America

PowerOn Services Ste 101, 8801 Washington Boulevard, Constantly Selling Defective Computers on eBay Roseville, California

*Consumer Comment: Scammers!

*UPDATE Employee: PowerON Services Inc.

This company consistently sells computers which they rate as being top grade used 'A' computers, and upon arrival, the vast majority of the computers are defective. Upon being questioned, the company expresses complete surprise  and asks if the product was dropped by the shipper or the customer, and completely disavows any knowledge of said defects, stating that the computers were checked out by certified 'techs' and indignantly expresses the viewpoint that they have been in the business for a lengthy period of time etc, etc.
This company is getting away with shipping defective merchandise consistently.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2010 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PowerOn-Services/Roseville-California-95678/PowerOn-Services-Ste-101-8801-Washington-Boulevard-Constantly-Selling-Defective-Computer-575572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PowerOn Services

Scammers!

AUTHOR: miss.manson - (United States of America)

My 3GS supposedly had water damage and I never knew about it until I sent it off to Power On Recycling Services and they gave me a quote of 125$ for it, I sent it to them, and I get an email with a new quote of 25$! They claimed it had water damage, scuffed housing, and the headjack port was messed up. The phone was in perfect condition when I had sent it to them.

I get it back and the apple logo is half scratched off, looks like it was done by a machine and there is water damage in the ports. I called and bitched about this to them and they kept dancing away from the subject. They would not give me an answer as to what the hell had happened to my phone, they just kept saying it had water damage, which it had not.

I'm seriously thinking about taking them to court as I have evidence of the phone before and after I sent it to them. I'm not the only one who has had this kind of experience and I think they should be shut down. I cannot believe Apple would associate themselves with this shady "company".

PowerON Services Inc.

AUTHOR: Employee - (United States of America)

We apologize the unfortunate experience that you had with your computer(s). Our first priority at PowerON Services is providing excellent customer service and making sure the products that we sell have been rigorously tested thorough a strictly defined audit process to insure their quality and complete functionality. We offer 30-day warranties on all of our top selling items and do our best to accommodate our customers needs even after the warranty period has expired.

Being a mail order company, units can get damaged in transit on rare occasions, and diagnosing the issue is the first step in solving a warranty concern. Asking specific questions can help us pinpoint the problem and rectify any concerns in an efficient and timely manner for our customers.

In 2009, we were ranked #1 by Inc 500 as the fast growing private company in the computer hardware sector, and we are continuing to explore new process and refine our current ones to build upon our success and continue expansion.