Complaint Review: Precision Auto Protection

• Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: John — New York New York
Precision Auto Protection
3665 East Bay Drive Largo, Florida USA

Precision Auto Protection is a COMPLETE SCAM!!!!! scam, warranty provider, misleading, deceptive, horrible experience, do not buy from them Largo Florida

*Consumer Comment: Lie!!! I was called and I am on the DO NOT CALL LIST

*Consumer Comment: You are a compliance manager???

*UPDATE Employee: Help was available

I just wanted to warn everyone about Precision Auto Protection of Largo, Florida.  This company called me up (even though I am on the Do Not Call List) and told me about their extended warranty plans.  So I foolishly bought their top end warranty plan.  Well, after about 6 months and 5000 miles (you have to have the warranty for 1000 miles and 30 days so I met the conditions to receive warranty coverage.  So I had car mechanical failure that my warranty paperwork clearly covers, so I called the company to get warranty service, where to take it, etc.  Well, I have found out that no "ASE certified mechanics" will accept the Precision Auto Protection extended warranty and I called the company several times and they could care less.  DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT ALL FROM PRECISION AUTO PROTECTION AS THEIR WARRANTY PLANS ARE COMPLETE SCAMS!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2014 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Auto-Protection/Largo-Florida-33771/Precision-Auto-Protection-is-a-COMPLETE-SCAM-scam-warranty-provider-misleading-de-1129045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Auto Protection

Lie!!! I was called and I am on the DO NOT CALL LIST

AUTHOR: Robo6 - ()

So I found this post because I keep getting a call from 805-366-3557. After a Google search I found it was this Precision Auto Protection.

I have never done business with them, I have never contacted them, and I have never called them.  They obviously purchased my phone number from spamer.  They have to be lying about verifying if numbers are on the DO NOT CALL LIST because I am, and they keep calling.

I have heard before that companies like these are not very reliable and or honest.  They should tell you up front where in your area there is a participating and qualified Mechanic.

You are a compliance manager???

AUTHOR: JohnJ - ()

WOW!!! You claim to take your "Reputation" serious but that was the pettiest, pathetic, childish rebuttal I have ever read from a company.  You commented to be rude and extremely immature to one of YOUR customers. Instead of finding a resolution to your "customer's" problem, all you were doing was trying to throw in a couple jabs and belittle this customer.

And the real reason I had to comment. Did you really just threaten your customer with a law suit because they filed a complaint against you. In absolutley NO WAY could you ever win a law suit against someone providing a review against the company you work for. Now get back to playing a  "Compliance Manager". Precision Auto Protection is in a lot of trouble if you are their Compliance department or managment in any way.

Try a different method other than trying to scare your customers for having an opinion. Also, if you are responding to a customer and requesting them to contact you, please leave your name so they know who is speaking to them in this manner.

Help was available

AUTHOR: Compliance Department - ()

I would like to start off by saying that our company complies with all state and federal guidelines regarding the do not call list.  We use an outside firm to make sure that all of our calling list are scrubbed against all the state and federal do not call list.  If you would like to verify your registration on the do not call list you can go to www.donotcall.gov.

Now in regards to the claim that you have made, where you stated that no ASE Mechanics would accept the policy you purchased from our company when you needed to have your vehicle repaired, this is simply not the case.
The reason every mechanic shop takes our policies is because we are paying the repair bill for our customers using a corporate credit card.  There is no reason why a mechanic would not accept a job where they are sure to get paid and get paid in a very timely matter.  Our claims representatives provide all of our customers with a list of repair facilities in their area that are ASE Certified and that will accept our company’s vehicle service contracts as well as every other company’s contracts.

Our list of Certified ASE Mechanics include dealerships, franchise repairs facilities such as Firestone, Midas, Sears, Goodyear, and every other major repair center.  Based on the fact that you were past your initial 30 day and 1,000 mile grace period when you had a problem with your vehicle our claims representatives would have been able to assist you with the process on filing a claim to have your vehicle repaired and they would have assisted you with finding a repair facility that would have been happy to repair your vehicle.  If the repair would have taken more than 8 hours to complete you would have been provided with a rental car at no cost to you as well.

Our company takes our reputation very seriously and it’s my job as the Compliance Officer to check on our online reputation as well as our customer’s satisfaction or feedback.  I am not sure if you are aware of this but right now there are numerous cases that are being tried and won, where companies are suing consumers that are wrongfully accusing companies of poor service and trying to discredit a company's name when there is no merit behind these claims.

If you would like to speak to me personally regarding the contract that you had I am always available to assist with a problem.  Please send me an email with your name and telephone number and I will personally call you back to help anyway I can.  Thank you.

compliance@precisionautoprotection.com