midnight

• Reported By: Hillary — Dayton Ohio
Precision Tune Auto Care
4439 North Main Street Dayton, Ohio USA

Precision Tune Auto Care This company intentionally damaged my car Dayton Ohio

Precision caused damage to my car purposely! On 7/1/13 I went to PRECISION to have a Diagnostic Check Done, BECAUSE MY SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS NOW. WHEN I PREVIOUSLY HAD DIAGNOSTIC CHECKS PERFORMED, THE CODES WERE FOR MULTIPLE MISFIRE, WHICH CAN BE CURED WITH A TUNEUP, AND MY IDLE CONTROL WAS RUNNING HIGH. PRIOR TO COMING TO PRECISION, I HAD A FULL TUNEUP DONE, AND I REPLACED MY IDLE CONTROL VALVE, BUT THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT JUST WOULDN'T GO OFF, HENCE, I CAME TO PRECISION TO SEE IF I COULD GET A SECOND OPINION. UPON ENTRY, THE OLDER GUY THAT WORKED THE FRONT DESK HAD A NASTY DEMEANOR, HE DIDNT REALLY WANT TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS I HAD, AND DESPITE MY NEGATIVE GUT FEELING I HAD, I ALLOWED THEM TO PERFORM THE DIAGNOSTIC CHECK. DUE TO MY ILL FEELINGS, I STOOD OUTSIDE THE BAY TO WHERE MY CAR WAS FOR 3 HOURS, I EVEN HAD TO ORDER A PIZZA BECAUSE IT TOOK THEM SO LONG. [continued below]....

..... OVER TIME, I CARRIED SMALL CONVERSATIONS WITH SOME OF THE MECHANICS, ABOUT MY CAR. ONE PARTICULAR CONVERSATION STOOD OUT TO ME. I WAS TELLING THEM I WAS TOLD TO TAKE MY CAR TO THE DEALERSHIP, AND HE SAID, "WELL YEAH, IF SOMETHING LIKE YOUR TIMING CHAIN GOES OUT OR SOMETHING MAJOR, DEFINITELY TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP." AFTER 3 HOURS, THE MECHANICS DECIDE THEY CAN'T FIND OUT THE ISSUE WITH MY CAR, AND CAN NOT CHARGE ME THE $85 FOR THE DIAGNOSTIC CHECK. BUT THEY DO TELL ME I NEED AN ALTERNATOR BELT AND THEY WOULD PUT IT ON FOR $240. I DECLINED, AFTER ABOUT 20 MINUTES, THEY FINALLY RETURN MY CAR. I LEAVE, COME HOME, AND LATER TRY AND START MY CAR, BUT IT DOES NOTHING AT ALL. I CALL MY MECHANIC, AND AFTER A SERIES OF TEST, MY TIMING CHAIN HAS "SLIPPED OF THE GEAR" IN MECHANIC LANGUAGE, IT JUMPED TIME. WHICH CAN DAMAGE MY MOTOR COMPLETELY. HOWS THAT FOR A COINCIDENCE

If you pay attention to my pics and video, you will see that my mileage was 110,985 but according to my reciept, they have my mileage at 190,930 which is well in the area of a timing belt needing to be replaced.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Tune-Auto-Care/Dayton-Ohio-45405/Precision-Tune-Auto-Care-This-company-intentionally-damaged-my-car-Dayton-Ohio-1064108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Tune Auto Care