Complaint Review: Precision Tune

• Submitted: Mon, December 22, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, December 22, 2003

• Reported By:r North Carolina
Precision Tune
1200 North Weslyan Blvd, Rocky Mount, NC Rocky Mount, North Carolina U.S.A.

Precision Tune Ripoff on Brakes. Rocky Mount North Carolina

I visited the Precision Tune in Rocky Mount, NC on 10/7/2003 for an oil change and to have my brakes repaired. My brakes were grinding and I knew if was time for a change. When the manager called me with an estimate, I was surprised that it was 839.40. This seemed very high to me, so I asked them to hold off until I called them back. Luckily, I work with a few people that work on cars and they informed me that this price was outrageous. I picked up my car (still having to pay for the brake inspection) and took it to a competitor who fixed the brakes (using a superior ceramic brake pad) for $325.16.

When I called Precision Tune back to express my outrage at their attempt to over charge by such a high amount, they defended their findings and warned that my brakes were unsafe. Out of concern, I took the car and had the brakes inspected by a 3rd business -- who found that the brakes were just fine.

Precision Tune attempted to charge me for new front brake pads: 199.90, calipers: 195.90,labor for calipers: 65.00,rotors:149.90, Rear wheel cylinders: 83.90, labor for cylinders:65.00, Clean: 39.90, Bleed & Flush: 39.90 ---- TOTAL $839.40

Meineke repaired my brakes with the following charges: New front Ceramic pads: 99.95, Rear wheel cylinders: 73.10, Labor to REFACE rotors,install cylinders, clean: 140.00 --- TOTAL 313.05

It infuriates me that this kind of attempt was made to "rip me off". I am aware that Precision tune brake pads have a lifetime guarantee, but that only counts for $100 of the total estimate. I didn't need calipers and my rotors were able to be refaced.

I thought everyone should be made aware of this kind or practice that is ruining the Precision Tune name in Rocky Mount, NC.

Dana
Rocky Mount, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2003 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Precision-Tune/Rocky-Mount-North-Carolina-27856/Precision-Tune-Ripoff-on-Brakes-Rocky-Mount-North-Carolina-75568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Precision Tune