Complaint Review: predictomobile / Verizon / all cell phone carriers

• Updated: Thu, September 10, 2009

• Reported By: Martha — Raleigh New York USA
predictomobile / Verizon / all cell phone carriers
predictomobile.com Internet United States of America

predictomobile / Verizon / all cell phone carriers 654654 Premium Providers - rip-off billing - $9.99 on cell phone bill. Verizon and all cell phone service providers. Internet

* : Customer Service is Here to Assist

* : Premium Charges

Premium Providers - rip-off billing - $9.99 on cell phone bill. Verizon claims 3rd party charge...get it from online iq tests, etc. I questioned if Verizon was not associated with predictomobile, why would the charge be on my Verizon bill? Does not make sense. I told them if I don't owe Verizon the money that I wouldn't be sending it to them. If another, unrelated company is billing me, I should get a bill from them. I really argued and after telling them that it would affect my choice when my time came to renew, Verizon issued a refund. I am going to complain to Verizon on their website. Apparently it is not just Verizon that works with these people, all carriers do. This is what Verizon told me to do to end this. Text to 654654 and type "stop", and send. Then, to block all premium providers from sending you future text messages, dial or text (?) *228 and hit send. A ladies voice will come on, press 2. Sit and listen to music for 1 minute and 5 seconds. This updates your phone to the towers, so that you don't receive these again, for a year anyway. Hope that helps. Everyone complain to your cell company about these "Premium providers".  predictomobile number is 800-360-0518.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2009 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/predictomobile-Verizon-all-cell-phone-carriers/internet/predictomobile-Verizon-all-cell-phone-carriers-654654-Premium-Providers-rip-off-bill-487918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on predictomobile / Verizon / all cell phone carriers

#1

Customer Service is Here to Assist

AUTHOR: Predicto Customer Service - (USA)

We are sorry to hear about your experience.  Please be aware that we at PredictoMobile take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like to address any concerns you may have.  You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-360-0518 so that we can resolve your inquiry; you can also contact our customer service at http://predicto.com/support or by sending an SMS message with the word HELP to 654654.  Keep in mind, we post our toll-free customer service number on our website and include it in SMS messages we send to your cell phone.

Please note we use an industry best practice double opt-in to prevent inadvertent or fraudulent sign-ups.  To enroll in our service, a prospective member must first submit their cell phone number on the PredictoMobile sign-up page which clearly explains our terms and conditions including the monthly price of the service and billing to the cell phone.  We then send a text message to their cell phone which again discloses the essential membership terms.  They then must correctly enter the PIN on our website or reply with a confirmation SMS message from their cell phone to activate the account.  The double opt-in process and clear disclosures ensures a high level of consumer protection and satisfaction.  If a member wants to cancel the service, they can simply text stop to 654654 or call Customer Service or go to http://predicto.com/support.

We hope this addresses any concerns you may have; if not please contact us and well take care of your issues.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

PredictoMobile

#2

Premium Charges

AUTHOR: Keahi - (U.S.A.)

The premium services that you are complaining are third party vendors that Verizon allows to sell their services. For example, they sell ringtones, horoscopes and services like that. Usually, before these services are subscribed to, there is a screen that comes up and  shows the charges for the service and if you want to subscribe to them? If you click yes, you are charged. The best way to prevent this in the future is to have a block put on your acct that will prevent these messages from being received.