Complaint Review: prefered guest resort

• Submitted: Thu, January 26, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 26, 2012

• Reported By: Pinchu father — Melbourne,Australia Australia
prefered guest resort

prefered guest resort She asked for my credit card details which I gave her without thinking it could be scam after she said I had won $3000 travel shoping spree, 1st spoke to Heather then June Taylor,she said if I pay $89 Internet

*Consumer Comment: I should get into the scam biusiness

I was on my computor when suddenly a pop up that said that I was a lucky winner of $3000 travel shopping spree, I phone the number 0290372183 and a lady named Heather seide who congradulated me took my name.

She  transfered me to June Taylor(the manager) who gave a customer care number and her phone number:00114072603619, she asked for a deposit of $890 immediately, unfortunately I had no money, she said when I am resdy I must call her and make the deposit so that I will be booked.

She said this award will give me $3000 to spend with my family, now I am afraid they might take any money from my account

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2012 05:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/prefered-guest-resort/internet/prefered-guest-resort-She-asked-for-my-credit-card-details-which-I-gave-her-without-think-828826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on prefered guest resort

I should get into the scam biusiness

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

First of all, call your credit card company and tell them!

They may be able to block/reverse the charge. To be safe, tell them to invalidate the card and send you a new CC number.

On another note, I am amazed how many on these boards fall for these types of things (and a million other scams). I should really throw my morals in the trash and get in on one of them.