Complaint Review: Preferred Customer Corp.

• Submitted: Sat, February 15, 2014
  • Updated: Sat, February 15, 2014

• Reported By: TeriHa — Springville Indiana
Preferred Customer Corp.
90 County Road #38 Norfolk, New York USA

Preferred Customer Corp. Family Readers Club I received a notice from Umbrella Recovery Team that I owed Preferred Customer Corp $1198.80 for 5 magazine titles that I received for 60 months at $49.95 a month. They would settle for $599.95 in 30 days. I did not subscribe or receive any magazines. They are going to report this on my credit report as delinquent and start proceddings. Norfolk New York

I received a notice from Umbrella Recovery Team saying that I was delinquent on my account with Preferred Customer Corp for magazines that I had been receiving for 60 months. They said I had agreed to pay $49.95 a month for 60 months for a total of $1,198.80. The also said one payment had been taken from my credit card in 2006 leaving a balance of $1,148.45. That agreed to settle for $599.95 if I paid within 30 days.

I've contacted Umbrella Recovery Team and they would only give me the physical address of the company. I've written a letter and cannot get a response. I need help.

I never had an agreement with this company, never received the 5 magazines they are talking about. I am at a loss as to what to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2014 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Customer-Corp/Norfolk-New-York-13667/Preferred-Customer-Corp-Family-Readers-Club-I-received-a-notice-from-Umbrella-Recovery-T-1123838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Customer Corp.