Complaint Review: Preferred Customer Corp.

• Submitted: Mon, September 30, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, September 30, 2013

• Reported By: Christine Nelson — Lebanon Virginia
Preferred Customer Corp.
73280 El Paseo Dr. Palm Desert, California USA

Preferred Customer Corp. formerly known as Family ReadersClub. Letter from collection agency known as Umbrella Recovery Tea Collection agency for Preferred Customer Corp. money that I don't owe Palm Desert California

I  was contacted by Umbrella Recovery Team collection agency that stated I owed $599.95 for magazines from Preferred Customer corp. formerly known as Family Readers Club.  They are saying that I agreed to 60 months of magazines.  Five different types of magazines and agreed to pay $3.99 per week.

They are saying that 2 payments were charged to my credit card in April 2011.  If not paid within 30 days this bill be turned into the IRS, a lien against my property, reported to 3 major credit bureaus.

I need help with this company because they are trying to ruin everything for me.  I did not use a credit card but they were saying that money was taken out of my account.  They referenced a credit card number in the collection letter but I have closed that account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2013 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Customer-Corp/Palm-Desert-California-92260/Preferred-Customer-Corp-formerly-known-as-Family-ReadersClub-Letter-from-collection-ag-1088373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Customer Corp.