Complaint Review: Preferred Homecare

• Reported By: Fred — Englewood Colorado
Preferred Homecare
PO Box 40700 Mesa, Arizona USA

Preferred Homecare Preferred Homecare Deceptive Business Practices Mesa Arizona

I am a sleep apnia patient and was using Home Homecare for a sleep mask, and an oxygenator.  I had insurance while using there equipment.  Once my medical insurance ended as I was no longer able to work, I was billed for a month amount for my oxygenator.

Their home office is out of Mesa Ariz., but they have a branch in Brookfield Colorado.  I called the Broomfield office and spoke to a supervisor.  I told him that I needed to end my services with them due to the problem of not being able to afford to pay for this.

This supervisor advised me that he was not going to end my service, that this was something Ineeded very much, and then told me to not worry about the cost, that they have programs for people such as I.

As the months went by, they kept billing me for each month added to this bill.  I called this same supervisor who advised that there was nothing to worry about, he would send me a application for financial assistance with their company, and there was no doubt based on my income that they would delete the charge

I filled out this application and sent it to where it stated to be sent.  After months went by, I never heard from them about my application, but kept receiving bills with new totals on it for the months of using their services.

I then got a one line letter from their financial hardship department advising that I was not qualified to receive aid, and if I had any questions, to call a particular number and person.

I called and left a message for this woman but never received a call back.  I again called the Broomfield Co. office and was told that the supervisor would get right on this, not to worry.

A couple of months later, I received a letter from a collections agency advising that I had been turned over to them.  I called them to discuss this, and told them the whole story of what had happened.  The advised that they would call Preferred Homecare and get back to me.

I never received a call back, just letters of threatening from the collection agency.

I then called the Better Business Bureau and after much time and trouble, Preferred Homecare decided that it would be in their best interest to dismiss the charges they were trying to get.

My opinion is that they just rely on charging people money hoping that people won't fight back.  BBB has 34 complaints that have been filed against this company, and with as many health care companies trying to get people's business, please find another company to use rather than Preferred Homecare who uses deceptive practices to stay in business, in my opinion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2013 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Homecare/Mesa-Arizona-85274/Preferred-Homecare-Preferred-Homecare-Deceptive-Business-Practices-Mesa-Arizona-1079899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Homecare