Complaint Review: Preferred Long Distance Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, May 20, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, May 20, 2013

• Reported By: Jackie — West Bend Wisconsin
Preferred Long Distance Inc.
16830 Ventura Blvd. Ste. 350 Encino, California USA

Preferred Long Distance Inc. What a Rip Off!!!! Encino California

I was contacted by the Preferred Long Distance Inc company saying they could save me a lot of money each month switching my carrier from (((competitor's name redacted))) to Preferred Long Distance.

They did quote me a monthly rate that would be cheaper than my other bill and said if I got a charge for canceling my (((redacted))) service they would reimburse me. They failed to say that I would be entering into a one year contract with them and that the reimbursement would be divided and credited towards my Preferred bill over 12 months.

They also failed to inform me that they would charge me an additional $5.50 for each service I had with (((redacted))) such as call waiting, forwarding etc. They also failed to tell me I had no choice in paying an additional $5.50 for a manditory Directory listing.

They also failed to tell me they charge two - three times more on their bills for Regulatory Fees and Surcharges. (((redacted))) charged me an average of $2.72 for Surcharges and Fees - Preferred charges about 18.34 Taxes from (((redacted))) were about $3.79 and Preferred's is about $9.52 If this is regulated by Federal, State and County, how come it is such a huge difference?

Customer service is less than helpful saying the telephone charges they quoted me are less than my (((redacted))) bill! I would love to cancel and go back, but then I'm out my $100.00 credit that I was charged by (((redacted))) and I am afraid to see what ridiculous fee this company would charge me for breaking this yearly contract.

Don't fall for their scheme!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2013 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Long-Distance-Inc/Encino-California-91436-1716/Preferred-Long-Distance-Inc-What-a-Rip-Off-Encino-California-1052483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Long Distance Inc.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC