Complaint Review: Preferred Photo.com

• Submitted: Tue, December 26, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 26, 2006

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Preferred Photo.com
337 E 89th St Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Preferred Photo.com ripoff Brooklyn New York

First the salesman tried to slam me with accessories I did not ask for. Luckily my bank alerted me of the charge. I then called and had them take off the extras and they still authorized a purchase for hundreds more than they told me over the phone.

I ordered a camera body online through their webpage (around $500). The next day they send me an email asking me to call and confirm my order. I call and a salesman trys to get me to buy accessories making it seem like they were included in the price. Then they call me saying that my debit card was declined. I call the bank and the bank says they tried to authorize a purchase for 1795 which is over my daily limit. I call the company and ask them to take off all extras. Next time I check my bank account they had charged me $1259 and shipped out the camera and accessories. I called to get a RMA for the item and they said they had to charge me 25% restocking fee. When earlier over the phone I was told initiallythat it was a 5% fee. Also, the webpage advertises are 21 day satisfaction guerrantee but later when getting the RMA they said I had to have it sent back in 7 days. Also, they told me that they didn't believe that the salesman lied to me about the amount. In addition they kept trying to give me a $200 discount incentive to keep the item. I am contacting my bank to dispute the amount they have charged. Please do not give this company your business.

Veronica
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2006 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Photocom/Brooklyn-New-York-11236/Preferred-Photocom-ripoff-Brooklyn-New-York-227233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Photo.com