Complaint Review: Preferred Platinum Plan

• Submitted: Thu, April 06, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, April 06, 2006

• Reported By:Dayton Ohio
Preferred Platinum Plan
7657 Winnetka Avenue Canoga Park, California U.S.A.

Preferred Platinum Plan ripoff fraudulent billing for phone sex services Canoga Park California

Regarding:
Preferred Platinum Plan - A billing division of IAS, the original provider of phone calls placed.

I received an invoice from this company in the amount of $190.50 for calls made from a T-Mobile cell phone to 1-800 phone sex service on 3-23-2006.

I don't have T-Mobile service. The caller supplied the sex phone service a Visa credit card number and my mailing address. I don't have a Visa credit card.

I contacted this company, and to make a long, nasty, extremely rude conversation short, they told me to talk to my "son" (which I don't have either)

They actually have the taped conversation from this male. I told the "supervisor" I didn't recognize the voice and repeated I didn't have a son.

He hung up on me and when I called back, the "supervisor" told me to file a fraud report with the police, which I did yesterday.

I have spoken with T-Mobile and they have no record of the cell phone number used nor an account, but when you call the number it says,"Thank-you for using T-Mobile voice mail."

I have since discovered it's a pre-paid T-Mobile phone and 20 calls were made from that cell to the same phone sex number. Thankfully(if that's something to be thankful for)only 2 were billed to my address.

I talked to Preferred Platinum Plan again today and that is how I found out it was a Visa credit card this person used as identification.

After looking at the invoice again, it actually has the credit card number on the invoice.

After talking with Visa, it belongs to a Mr. Williams.(the poor girl let that slip as we were ending the call) He's either busted or had his credit card stolen.

Preferred Platinum Plan is sending me a credit card fraud affidavit that I must fill out and send back with a copy of police report.

Problem for them is...it isn't my phone, it isn't my credit card, it's only my address and they aren't getting a dime.

I have filed complaints with the Dayton Ohio Police Dept. Fraud Unit, the California Attorney Generals office, the Ohio State Attorney's Office, and with the BBB that covers Canoga Park, California.

J.E.M.L..
Dayton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2006 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Preferred-Platinum-Plan/Canoga-Park-California-91306/Preferred-Platinum-Plan-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-for-phone-sex-services-Canoga-Park-Calif-185327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Preferred Platinum Plan