Complaint Review: premier cancun vacations

• Updated: Tue, January 17, 2012

• Reported By: suzanne — montreal Quebec Canada
premier cancun vacations
cancun, mexico Internet United States of America

premier cancun vacations cancun travel unlimited, marketing 4 sunset group non-refundable travel deal package Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Contact the toll free #

*Consumer Comment: Do you have an update?

*Consumer Comment: Do you have an update?

*Consumer Comment: Same problem with the same company.

After taking the time to do my research, which I should have done prior to giving out my credit card information, I have decided to post this report in the hopes of saving other people from my current dilemma.

My experience with this company is similar to report #510502.

1.  I received an unsolicited phone call which let me know that I had won a special promotion;

2.  I pressed 1 to hear more.  Seems that is a mistake.  I didn't realize that by pressing 1, I was somehow giving consent to having myself on some "call me anytime list".

3.  Anyway, I listened to the spiel, hesitated, was transferred to someone else.  They seemed very nice.  I know, I know, I am very gullible.

4.  When the time came to give them my credit card information, I did.  Why?  Don't ask me.  I even recall saying, "My mother would kill me."

5.  I almost researched them on-line while we were on the phone together, but they somehow got me to go to their site to have me watch a video while they were explaining this amazing all-inclusive travel deal.

6.  Needless to say, they got me.  I agreed to everything on the taped phone call.

7.  After we hung up, I did my research and started to wonder if I had been scammed.

8.  5 minutes later, I called my credit card company to see if I could reverse, cancel, anything the transaction.  I was told to try to contact the company.

9.  I called the company (within 20 minutes of the transaction) who told me that this transaction was non-refundable, but that I could resell it.  A refund would not be possible.

10.  I then called my credit card company back.  They advised that I send an e-mail requesting a cancellation/refund.  This I did.

The company's e-mail response was that there was nothing they could do.  No refund was possible, however the package is transferable or I could resale it (I think they meant resell it).

11.  I called my credit card company again.  I am in the process of waiting.

I needed to get this off my chest, so that I could stop kicking myself for being so stupid.  I really hope my mother doesn't read this.  Sigh.

As the author of report #510502 said, "Protect yourself!... Buyer beware!"

I have no idea how this will resolve itself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2010 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/premier-cancun-vacations/internet/premier-cancun-vacations-cancun-travel-unlimited-marketing-4-sunset-group-non-refundable-637072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on premier cancun vacations

Contact the toll free #

AUTHOR: Quality assurance & resolution - (Mexico)

To Whom It May Concern:

I am the Quality Assurance Representative for the Company reported.  I suggest that you contact the 800 number listed at the begining of this report.

Most of the packages sold are non refundable, however I do not have enough information about your specific package to confirm this.  When packages are sold on a non-refundable basis it is explained up-front.  Non-refundable sales are common practice.

Please contact the company if you have any further questions.

Do you have an update?

AUTHOR: Wink - (United States of America)

I have a similar situation as you and am wondering if there is any update to your problem?  I guess this mostly happens in Canada but I am here in the US and am wondering if there is anything we can do to prevent this from happening in the future and take this company down as it is proven that they do not conduct business ethically.

Do you have an update?

AUTHOR: Wink - (United States of America)

Same problem with the same company.

AUTHOR: zzmikemzz - (Canada)

I am from MTL too.   I got scammed by these guys a few months ago.  I demanded a full refund minutes after giving my info..  DUMB YES!   Fast forward to now.  I still have not gotten a refund.

Did you get one?    Is there anyway to contact you so we can exchange notes, tips on how to get our $$ back?

Mike from Montreal