Complaint Review: premier parking ventures

• Updated: Tue, July 09, 2013

• Reported By: Clifford Barney — Riverview Florida
premier parking ventures
401 S. Florida Ave Tampa, Florida USA

premier parking ventures Don't Even Think About Asking for a Refund Tampa Florida

*Author of original report: I Got My Money Back

Using the PremierParkingUSA.com web site, I pre-paid for 9 days of parking at the Premier Parking facility near the Tampa Airport (TPA). We dropped of our car on 6/28/13 at 6:00 PM and showed up at the airport for our flight. We waited at the airline gate for nearly 5 hours because of flight delays. At 11:00 PM that night, because of severe weather, the airline cancelled our flight and was not able to re-book us on another flight for two days out of a different airport. We retrieved our car from Premier Parking that night and drove home, having parked there for only 5 hours.

I called Premier Parking the next day to request a refund, but only got a recorded message. I left a message but didn't receive a call back. I called again when I returned from travel and was told that their cancellation policy only allows for a 'credit' rather than a refund. I explained that I didn't cancel my reservation, but was unable to fully use it because of events beyond my control, specifically, severe weather triggering flight cancellations.

Again, the customer server representative read from her script that all she could do was issue me a credit for future travel. I told her that all I wanted was a refund for the 8 days I didn't use, and that I would pay the $5.00 processing fee listed on their 'terms and conditions' web site. I got nowhere.

I told the customer service representative that I would submit a negative review of their company to Yelp.com and RipOffReport.com, and that I would file suit in small claims court for Hillsborough County, Florida. That is where they are headquartered and where I happen to live. Sensing that she didn't fully comprehend the business consequences of what I stated I would do, I asked to speak to a manager. No success. She started reading her script again: "...I understand, sir, however, sir, our policy states, sir...", etc.

Warning to travelers - DO NOT PRE-PAY for parking at Premier Parking anywhere in the U.S.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/premier-parking-ventures/Tampa-Florida-33602/premier-parking-ventures-Dont-Even-Think-About-Asking-for-a-Refund-Tampa-Florida-1065476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on premier parking ventures

I Got My Money Back

AUTHOR: Clifford Barney - ()

After getting nowhere with Premier Parking 'customer service', I simply called my bank, Navy Federal Credit Union, and claimed that the charge was fraudulent. My bank sent me several dispute forms to complete, which I did and returned. Premier Parking responded with a xerox copy of their 'refund policy', without addressing my specific complaint. It's apparent that they receive a lot of complaints, and simply rubber stamp credit card disputes in the hope that many people will give up or forget about it. I didn't. I pursued the refund and it was ultimately decided in my favor by my bank. I sent my bank numerous copies of other complaints from the BBB and RipOffReport.com, in order to demonstrate that my experience was not an isolated example, but a frequent occurence.

I urge all customers who have been wronged by Premier Parking to aggressively pursue refunds. I was ready to take them to small claims court over this amount, just on principals. Premier Parking will knuckle under when they going gets tough.