Complaint Review: Premier Pools of Allen Texas

• Updated: Thu, September 12, 2013

• Reported By: Duped — Flower Mound Texas
Premier Pools of Allen Texas
1333 W. McDermott Dr Allen, Texas USA

Premier Pools of Allen Texas , Shan Pools Premier Pools vs Premier Pools Allen Texas

*Consumer Comment: My personal experience with Premier Pools & Spas in Allen

*Consumer Comment: I am another customer with similar experience..

*UPDATE Employee: False Report, non of our homeowners have had these issues

All my friends had used Premier Pools of Lewisville Texas.  I had reseached pools for about two years.  I saw work by several different reputable companies.  All of which were worth doing business with but when it came to being a cut above the rest Premier Pools of Lewisville outshined them all so I call them for a quote.  At least I thought I had called them.

You see,  Premier Pools of Lewisville has been building wonderful swimming pools in North Texas for 30 years but thats not who I ended up with of the phone.  I got a couple of knuckleheads from Allen, Texas who also called themselves Premier Pools.  They have been in business for about a year.

It seems there is this guy in San Diego who preys on smaller independent Mom and Pop builders struggling in the industry.  He (Paul Porter) offers them an opportunity to use his name.  The name PREMIER POOLS.  For a small fee on each pool they build they are entitled to say they are the NATIONS LAREGEST POOL BUILDER.  They are granted the phrase "IN BUSINESS FOR 25 YEARS".  Since each individual Premier Pool builder is his own company, the San Diego Office distances thenselves from it's licensees.  They do demand any quality standards of uniformity.  No certain building techniques.  They ask nothing of the builders who participate.  Only that they pay the fee each time they build a pool.

I questioned the person who I spoke with on the phone nd they seemed to take on the identity of PREMIER POOLS in Lewisvile.  I asked them if this was the Lewisville office and they said it was all the same.  When they came out I had mentioned they had built my neighbors pools which they had not I later found out yet they readily admitted the experience they had building it and proudly took credit for the referral.

I do not understand how the Better Business Bureau lets them say they have been in business for 25 years when that is a blatant lie.  They deceived me.  Built a pool for me that is falling apart.  They superintendant Mike knew absolutely NOTHING about building pools.  They used a 250,000BTU PROPANE heater on my pool when the contract called for a 400,000BTU natural gas heater.  They tried to tell me it was simply mis-labled.  They put some sort of man made cast product on my pool and called it travertene for they charged me a fortune for.  My deck is cracked because they failed to use a cushion sand underneath it.  They refused to help fix it.  The plumbing has seperated from the pool and caused a serious washout which caused the pool to crack.  They accussed my kids of playing with the plumbing during construction and this is the reason it failed.  Again,  no help.

Only after I dropped by Premier Pools of Lewisville to find out why so many of their pools turned out so beautiful and they had so many wonderful things said about them, why it was I got their lemon pool, did I discover the two different companies.  Folks,  BEWARE, there is a wonderful pool builder in Lewisville Texas called Premier Pools but there is also a couple of knuckleheads named Mike and Shan who call themselves Premier Pools and they are in Allen Texas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premier-Pools-of-Allen-Texas/Allen-Texas-75013/Premier-Pools-of-Allen-Texas-Shan-Pools-Premier-Pools-vs-Premier-Pools-Allen-Texas-1084102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premier Pools of Allen Texas

My personal experience with Premier Pools & Spas in Allen

AUTHOR: Premier Pools and Spas Allen Customer - ()

I too am a customer of Premier Pools and Spas....and I actually did file a complaint with the BBB....today. So please feel free to go and read about my very bad experience with this company. I have a waterfall leak in my pool that was built less than a year before it started leaking. I have been trying to get them to fix it (it's a warranty issue) for almost a year. They are professionals at the run-around. They are always "going" to do something or "going" to call me back. And they contractors they use have just as much credibility as they do when it comes to showing up and communication. It's unbelieveable that I've been putting up with this for this long.

Make sure you do your research before you build a pool....or even before you buy a house with a pool like we did. We didn't choose them as our pool builder. We are just stuck dealing with them....and man am I regretting it.

I am another customer with similar experience..

AUTHOR: Dallas-Texas - ()

Read reviews for this company and believe what you read.  We had a similar experience to this customer's experience only we were able to cancel the contract before any work was done; thank God.  The owner refuses to release the permit (we paid for but it was filed under Shan Johnson's name).  We have a new pool company who is honest and has a great work ethic.  Do not be fooled by slick salesmen.

False Report, non of our homeowners have had these issues

AUTHOR: PPAS Dallas - ()

If you are the poster of this report please provide a signed contract from my company, feel free to redact any contact information. This will at least prove you are a real client of ours so consumers on this site can believe your comments.

This report is "Anonymous" so it would normally be very hard to prove this report is not from one of our pool owners, but in this case, the report has a few specific complaints. All of which I have asked my entire staff if they are aware of any of these complaints at any time. Every member of my staff is 100% sure that not even 1 of the items pointed out in the letter has ever happened on one of our projects, let alone all of them happening on one project. Pure fabrication.

Strangely this letter takes more time talking up another pool company than it does proving it is an actual client of ours. Also strange is that this person references the better business bureau, but didn't choose to file a complaint with them? I know if I had all of these problems including a cracked pool, they would have been my first phone call. But the BBB requires proof you actually did business with the company you’re complaining about.

We have built very few pools in Flowermound (Where the poster has identified it lives), we have recently been in contact with all of them and none our pool owners have had anything negative to say to our staff.

We have requested our attorney to file a motion to subpoena the author’s identity from this website if the poster of this fraudulent report doesn’t remove it within 10 business days (Nov. 1st 2013). The 1st Amendment doesn’t protect people from making false statements, this website will be compelled by a court of law to produce your identity and we will take all action needed to protect our reputation (Including criminal charges)from defamatory remarks. Please do the right thing and remove this false report.