Complaint Review: Premiere Credit of North America, LLC

• Updated: Fri, February 08, 2013

• Reported By: Teresa — Kettering Ohio United States of America
Premiere Credit of North America, LLC
PO BOX 19901, INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana United States of America

Premiere Credit of North America, LLC US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, NATIONAL PAYMENT CENTER THREATENED TO GARNISH WAGES AND TAKE MY NURSING LICENSE INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana

*Consumer Comment: BBB rates that company with an A+

*Consumer Comment: They Can, They Will and They DID!!!!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Premire Credit of Notrth America (not so bad)

*General Comment: Trying to get water (money) from a rock. Premiere Credit of North America

*Consumer Comment: Permiere Credit of North America LLC very rude and it's almost impossible to work with them

*Consumer Comment: Premier Credit awful people

I 've been trying to work out payment arrangements with this company to pay on my student loans.  They wanted my checking account number so payments could be automatically deducted from my account.  When I disagreed and stated I would mail my payments, they threatened to garnish my wages and contact the nursing board to have my license suspended.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2012 06:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premiere-Credit-of-North-America-LLC/INDIANAPOLIS-Indiana-46219/Premiere-Credit-of-North-America-LLC-US-DEPARTMENT-OF-EDUCATION-NATIONAL-PAYMENT-CENTER-884971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premiere Credit of North America, LLC

BBB rates that company with an A+

AUTHOR: Ashley - ()

The title speaks for itself . It sounds like people just refuse to pay there debt and when they decide to pay they want to do it there way . My parents alway taught me if you borrow money you must pay it back . Nothing in life is free people . I've read up of defaulted students loans ... It read if the student falls into default payment is do IN FULL , so for them the offer you a repayment plan sound great !! It's funny how people will set up automatic payments for everything else but when it come down to repaying on a loan people are all or a sudden scared . It's 2013 what company doesn't offer that option ?? And hey they possible told you that so that you won't skip out on your responsibility in repaying your debt . It's not like you willing said ok I want to pay or you would have never falling into default ..so in the future when the federal government runs on of educational loans for your kids and grandkids and there kids ,,, we will have something else to compliant about !!! Pay your studeby loan!!!!  Hey maybe the government should just stop lending money for school and let family figure out them selves how they are goin to pay 5 k plus a class . Or maybe they should starre requiring credit scores of 750 and up !! This is truthfully stupid to get mad at an agency for requiring I you to repay your debt !!

They Can, They Will and They DID!!!!

AUTHOR: joyfuljennyb - ()

My social security disability, yes that’s right federal disability that I've been on for 15 years was garnished!!!!! If you have ever been told that a company can't do this, they are wrong! Even my social workers have always told me that. Clearly, if I am getting social security, I am on a fixed income and, further, I am disabled. They knew all of my information, including that I am a single mother of 2 who can't work. They had no desire to work with me, but I will admit, after the way I was treated, I had no desire to work with them. There was no way I was giving them any of my bank information or credit card information. And if someone EVER EVER asks you fo this, don't give it out, please!!!!! Do it the old fashion way, not over the phone. Especially when a company is

so unprofessional. The only thing I can do (after talking to the Department of Education) is to fill-out a total and complete permanent disability form, by my doctor and me. Obviously my doctor had no problem filling them out.  So today I called them to notify them of the paperwork, and to STOP garnishing my social security. The response I got was, we don't do any garnishing. Only the Department of Education and Department of Treasury can garnish social security. I have not gotten that far into looking into that matter. I wanted to look up to see if there was anything available on the web on the company, and sure enough!!!!!

Also for those out there that do not know this, you can file a hardship request. I am not sure how long it lasts or what exactly happens.  The best thing to do is somehow get it back into the hands of the Department of Education. At least there, you can talk to someone reasonable.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Premire Credit of Notrth America (not so bad)

AUTHOR: Reggie - ()

Okay so I am a former employee of (PCNA) and yes they will call people at their places of employment.  This is after they have tried numerous times to get a hold of a person at other numbers, left messages for the person they are trying to contact, being hung up on by the person they have tried to get a hold of.  They don't just right away call a persons place of employment for fun.  The employees in the New York location are understanding and empathetic.  They uderstand they are calling your place of employment and are okay if you ask them to no longer call you there.

If you provided them with a good contact number and time to discuss things with you they will contact you as you have requested.  Keep in mind that a lot of people give either a fake number or state to call them and they never pick up nor do they return the call.  This is not fair as the collector was trying to work with the person.  Also keep in mind that when they call you at your place of eployment that should be a heads up that your employment was verfied and time is of the essence because the next step is probably garnishment.

Lastly remember that just beacuse you asked them not to call you at your place of employment does not mean they can't call your job anymore.  They can still call and speak to Human Resources, Payroll, or anyone else for that matter because they are not calling for "you".  Another thing is that people get so upset when the fact of the matter is they knew they borrowed the money and they signed that prommissary note stating they understood they had to pay the money back so it should not be a surprise to them.  It's not a free handout.

If people just took the time to listen when they get a call from the debt collector they will see that there really is an opportunity for closure and there was never a need to keep putting it off.  The student loans will never go away.  The only way out of a student loan is basically not to be so blunt "die".  they can still go after your social security disability, wages, and taxes.  People think that claiming disability like it's the new fad in 2013 or filing bankruptcy will stop or discharge the loan.

The reality is that a bankruptcy only haults the collection process attempts will still be made through your attorney and once the bankruptcy discharges you still owe the loan.  The disability process takes forever meanwhile interest and collection fees will still be added daily and the final say will be the department of educations.  If the proper paperwork is not submitted it's automatically denied and if they do not conclude that you are truly unable to repay the loan your stuck still owing the debt.  People can move their financials around for other things and the same can be done with the student loan debt.

All it takes is 9 months to make payments to get out of default.  After that you can begin working directly with the lender again.  This prevents disability or wage garnishment, tax offset, helps your credit report and a bunch of other benefits.  They will take a financial to see what your options are and work a payment out with you.  All you have to do is be honest, stop trying to avoid them, and don't be nasty just listen.  A lot of this headache could have been avoided if people just paid attention and stopped trying to avoid paying the loan back.

#4 General Comment

Trying to get water (money) from a rock. Premiere Credit of North America

AUTHOR: WhatElse? - (United States of America)

I answered the company phone at work during a very busy rush. The rep from this company didn't way who he was and preceded to ask me all kinds of questions and my phone number at work. I told him I was at work and I couldn't talk at this time. I was so upset because I had customers listening to me trying to get off the phone. So I gave him my number. He then kept talking and I said I have to get off the phone, I'm at work! I had to hang up. He called me the next day and then preceded to tell me the reason for the phone call. I was floored! Because I was under the impression that all my taxes that were taken over the span of 5 years were put to good use towards my student loans? NOT! Then he said that my job has already been notified and agreed to garnish my wages. Mind you, My hours at work have dropped from 30 hours a week to 11, yes I said ELEVEN! So he suggested that my best course of action would be to volunteer payments and with 4 payments in, (its now Feb, 2013) I can file taxes and get my refund. 4 payments would put me in JUNE. I said if I did the volunteer payments now, which are due this February, I may not have the payment. I said I can do just 10.00 a month, Well he then said We Will Garnish Your Wages, the same wages I need to eat, pay to keep the lights on and the heat. that is all I have. (for now because I am trusting God for what I have now). So in so many words they want me to sell my Firstborn to pay them. I'm not mad at him, he is just doing what he is told to to. However, taking is not helping. What is a 50 year old, single, and having a job that is barely keeping me, supposed to do. There must be something? I told him that I'm going to have to as for some kind of HARDSHIP  HELP,    No there is none available. Jesus you are my Only Hope.

AUTHOR: CountryGalNLA - (United States of America)

I totally aggree. This company is almost IMPOSSIBLE to work with. Yes they wanted my bank account information as well. I gave them my bank acct info because they kept on saying that i would be charged like $5.00 to make a payment using my credit card. I also find that very unfair. they want the payments and they charge $5 for us to pay them and also $1.50 if you use bank draft

They have a very rude attitude. They are also liars. they do not like to give you anything in writing. I've asked a few times to have my Student Loan Rehab info to be put in writing and they said they could not do it. I find it very unfair. I will be contacting the BBB, FTC/Attorney Generals office thats for sure. These people are crooks. I will also write the senator because these are unfair business practices.

they will see that you are paying them and they will call you and ask for a payment. Then if you need to speak to a supervisor or manager they act like they don't want to transfer you. The people here are illiterate and sound like they are low class and do not know how to speak to people. I am going to pay off the small amount that I owe but demand that it be sent back to original creditor. I do not want these people to make a dime off of me.

Premier Credit awful people

AUTHOR: shannon - (United States of America)

They did the same thing to me! I called them today, just to change my payment schedule around with them and they threw an actual  fit and threatened to garnish my wages. I wasnt calling them to say i couldn't pay. The women wasn't educated enough to understand what i wanted to do and threw a fit and had her manager get on the phone. She started to get nasty with me and I asked to speak to a supervisor and she responded by saying she is the supervisor. My response was " there is i am sure some one hire then you.. Do you own premier credit! she did not like that response and actually hung up the phone on me. I called back and was able to speak to someone who seemed normal.. but i am so sick of dealing with these people its Not Acceptable!!