Complaint Review: Premiere Event

• Reported By: RitaRita — Chesapeake Virginia
Premiere Event
Norfolk, Virginia USA

Premiere Event Intricate, Professional Scam Artists Norfolk Virginia

I was riding home one evening in January 2014 and I heard a radio ad asking for parents with children interested in working for Disney or Nick to call the 1-800 number to schedule auditions. I came home and asked my five year old if she was interested. She was ecstatic, so we called and set up her audition.

Once in the audition, I became kind of leary at the prospect of her having a "real opportunity". The audition was not truly focused on the children. It was more of an overview promoting the company, not Disney. I still decided to stay because they hadn't asked for any money.

I had to have my daughter remember a line to recite upon her reaching the woman taking her personal information. Then she had to recite the line in front of a camera that was posted on a large projection screen. We were given a promotional booklet to read and on the front of it, there was the information that was to be used to find out her results on the following day.

Soon after I posted the required e-mail, I received a phone call asking if I had read the information booklet and if I was prepared to pay a registration fee for my child if she was chosen to attend "Premiere Event". Why would I have to e-mail them if she stood out and they felt that she was talented. That's when the red flags began to surface. I looked the company up on the web and it was nowhere to be found, except on their own personal site. Their site, of course, raved about their capabilities and events.

I feel that any reputable company would be registered with the BBB. The company is nothing more than a training agency that teaches children how to gain prospective in acting, singing, modeling, and dancing. They are not Disney or Nick and the auditions seem to be bogus. If you are a teaching agency, not a scouting agency, why not present yourself as such? There would still be some people interested in classes. I guess that wouldn't pull in enough money.

I'm surprised that a Reputable Hotel establishment like "Marriot" affiliates with businesses who reel people in under false pretenses. Do they look into the organizations that use the rooms in their facilities? This is not an audition for Disney or Nick. This is an attempt to find "suckers who are willing to pay for classes. This is what they should have to promote under.

Talent is natural and if your child has talent, why should you have to pay for them to obtain notoriety? A company should be happy to find talent that is going to make them money. That is why there are management and contracts. Premiere Event is no more than a "Glorified Acting, Dancing, Modeling, and Singing School".

Don't come in expecting more than getting teachers. You have to pay at least $1900 to get in classes and maybe that is good for some people, but I know that real talent is discovered and not manipulated! Beware of Premiere Events coming to your city! It's not what it seems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2014 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Premiere-Event/Norfolk-Virginia-23501/Premiere-Event-Intricate-Professional-Scam-Artists-Norfolk-Virginia-1114949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Premiere Event