Complaint Review: prestige financial, inc.

• Submitted: Wed, December 18, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: toosmartforscams — indianapolis Indiana
prestige financial, inc.
3884 s. decatur blvd. las vegas, Nevada USA

prestige financial, inc. My brother received a letter informing him that he was the $50,000.00 winner in a sweepstakes... las vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Survey

My brother received a letter from Prestige Financial, Inc. It reads that he was the $50,000.00 in the global retailers federation sweepstakes. Encloses with the letter was a check for  $3600.00 to help pay for the $2600.00 in taxes and fees for this winning. It also asked him to call 1-410-387-7992(steven mclean and judith smith) before acting on the notice he received. My brother contacted me and told me about the letter he received, and he was so excited about his"winning". I asked him to send me a copy of the letter and the check he received to my Iphone. Upon reading and examinning the letter and the check, I understood why my brother was so excited. The check looked very genuine with a lot of security features on it that it looked legit. Of course, from my experience, it is too good to be true. And it was. The first thing I noticed was that the check was dated November 15,2013. The letter was dated November 18,2013, which is supposedly the sweepstakes drawing date according to the letter. So, how did they know who the winner was 3 days before the drawing date in order to write the check in my brother's name. That was good enough for me to investigate the matter. So, I searched the internet which landed me on your site. I am glad that I did investigate because I found out that my brother was not the only one that received the letter from Prestige Finanacial, Inc. which is a scam company. Needless to say, I told my brother "sorry to burst your bubble bro, but this is a scam and you need to throw that letter and check in the trash and not contact those people at all." I hope this report will help other people who might receive similar letters in the future!!!! Remember, if it is too good to be true, then it probably is!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2013 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/prestige-financial-inc/las-vegas-Nevada-89103/prestige-financial-inc-My-brother-received-a-letter-informing-him-that-he-was-the-500-1108183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on prestige financial, inc.

Survey

AUTHOR: rfionita - ()

I am doing a project for school on Prestige and I was wondering if you could take a minute to fill out my survey. Everything will remain anonymous. Thank you in advance if you do decide to do it.

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being lower income and 10 being high income, where are you?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
How would you rate your experience with Prestige Financial? 1 being terrible 10 being fantastic.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
How likely are you to recommend Prestige to a friend? 1 being incredibly unlikely 10 being very likely.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
What, if any, complaints do you have with Prestige?

Please post your response!