Complaint Review: Prestige Financial Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, November 06, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 12, 2014

• Reported By: Caddie — Croydon Pennsylvania
Prestige Financial Inc.
3884 Decatur Blvd Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Prestige Financial Inc. Steve Jones & Joyce Smith Claimed I won $50,000.00 dollars, Sent check in the amount of 3,510.50 to cover the taxes on the winnings. Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Survey

Received a letter in mail with the front of the letter stating it was delivered by Royal Mail with no return address on it. Inside the evenlope was a letter notifying me that I had won a department store sweepstake lottery which was organize by the national retailers federation, global retailers federation and sweepstakes inc. I was the 2nd prize winner in the first category and the I had won 50,000.00 dollars. The letter states that Prestige Financial Inc, was assigned by the seepstake organization to inform all winners and to pay off their money.

I was then informed that my payment would be made by certified check and would be delivered by their special courier company UPS or FedEx. Along with the letter was a check  in the amount of $3,510.50 which would be deducted from my total winnings and it is to help pay for the delivery and tax fees, but I was told not to act on this notice until I contacted the claim agent to avoid cases of misappropriation and mishandling of winning prize. I was advise to contact these people at the number in the letter. So I call the claim agents and was told to deposit the check and when done to give them a call back.

Well, I did take the check to the bank but to verify it and I was informed that it was a scam. I returned home and call the claim agent Steve Jones and wanted to know more about the winnings and at that moment he hung up on me. So I called him (Steve Jones ) back and I said we must have got disconnected but he insisted that I just deposit the check and hung up again. Well I decided to call Mr. Steve Jones back and to tell him that I deposited the check which I had no desire to do but I wanted to know what was next on his agenda. He then asked for my phone number and stated he would give me a call back, well I'm still waiting!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2013 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Financial-Inc/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89103/Prestige-Financial-Inc-Steve-Jones-Joyce-Smith-Claimed-I-won-5000000-dollars-Sent-1097341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Financial Inc.

Survey

AUTHOR: rfionita - ()

I am doing a project for school on Prestige and I was wondering if you could take a minute to fill out my survey. Everything will remain anonymous. Thank you in advance if you do decide to do it.

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being lower income and 10 being high income, where are you?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
How would you rate your experience with Prestige Financial? 1 being terrible 10 being fantastic.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
How likely are you to recommend Prestige to a friend? 1 being incredibly unlikely 10 being very likely.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
What, if any, complaints do you have with Prestige?

Please post your response!