Complaint Review: prestige financial

• Reported By: rcnmn — yelm Washington
prestige financial
Internet USA

prestige financial insane Internet

*Consumer Comment: A few things...

*Author of original report: you missed the point

*Consumer Comment: Payment Questions

I had a contract with this company, and for a year and a half things went fine, the account was set up on automatic monthly payments, and i had to change my bank. So i called them to set up the new account information, which i did a month in advance and the rep i talked to said that would be fone that there wouldnt be any issues.  well, she didnt process the change properly and the payment was returned account closed, since they processed it to the old account.

i get a call from my mother two days later, giving me a full description of my account and what was going on, they actually discussed this account and gave details to my mother, who was in no way listed on the account, not even as a reference.

when i called them back, they said that since they could not get a hold of me they had to do a search and found her.  i explained to them the situation and they saw what had happened and still refused to remove the returned check fee even though the notes on the account showed that i did call and update the banking information and it was their employee that made the mistake.  I refused anyway and never paid it.

while i was on the phone i was asked why they havent been able to reach me, i explained that my child was in a bad accident and was airlifted to the hospital, and the reps words to me were this "even if your child does not make it through this, your still required to pay according to contract".

needless to say, the next day i filed a complaint with the correct authorities, and found someone else to refinance the loan for a lower rate and i cut my payment in half.

The fact of the matter is this, although issues come into our life that can cause harm to our credit, the finance company does not know the circumstances, not all of us are losers that dont pay our bills, some of us have real issues and try to take care of them, but for a company to suggest that a chiild may die, and preach about contracts, is unforgivable.

one day this company will walk right into a lawsuit...and i hope its huge.

for me..i just financed through someone else...screw prestige

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/prestige-financial/internet/prestige-financial-insane-Internet-1065405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on prestige financial

A few things...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

First of all you are wrong about having your account discussed with other people.  They are the original creditor and there is no law that restricts them from doing this.  The only restrictions on this is with 3rd Party Collection Agencies in that they are not allowed to disclose information regarding your debt to anyone else but you(or your spouse in some states).

Next, you had a returned check on a closed account, and they couldn't contact you.  As far as they are concerned you are like every other "deadbeat".   They have heard every excuse imaginable, and probably heard "my child was in the hospital" a dozen times that day before they talked to you.  So would it be great if they had some phone activated lie-detector..of course.  But until that time they are going to lump every one who has bounced a check on them into the same bucket.

Not sure what "correct authorities" you reported them to, but while their comment may have been out of line..rudeness or thoughtlessness is not a crime.

you missed the point

AUTHOR: rcnmn - ()

prsonally i dont care if you work for them or not, and honestly JIM your opinion means nothing to me.  You keep on with your posts, since you clearly have nothing better to do.

releasing private account information without the consent of the account holder is illegal, and had i been given an acceptable amount of time i would have been more than happy to contact them, however life does happen and until that time i had a perfect payment history, in fact, the only time i had spoken to them is when they contacted me during the application process.

it is not my responsability to ensure that they are doing their job, i am responsible for ensuring that i do mine, and i did, however when they droped the ball, and insulted me, instead of fighting with them i made the payment, blocked them from ever accessing my bank account and refinanced through someone else.

yes i am sure they have heard it all before...i gave them the hospital number and the room i was in should they need to contact me further about the payment.  per my previous statement...not all of us are deadbeat losers that dont pay their bills, some of us have had things happen that were out of our control.

come down off your little soap box, or jump down off your high horse and understand that not all of us are the same, so for you to lecture me about contracts is redundant.....you dont know what your TALKING ABOUT when it comes to my case.

have a good day

Payment Questions

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

So then, a payment is made every month, on or before the due date by automatic debit.  When was the last time you balanced your checking account?  When you subtracted the regular monthly payment from your RUNNING BALANCE in your CHECK REGISTER, when did you DOUBLE CHECK to see your RUNNING BALANCE was in agreement with the amount indicated on the website containing your account activity?  The answers?  You don't do any of those things, do you?  If you did, then you would have seen the payment was not deducted from the balance in the new account.  You then could have immediately called them to find out why, and quite possibly prevented them going thru the collections activities and possibly the fee.  Instead, you let it go until they finally tracked you down via your mother.  Secondly, they are 100% correct in that YOU signed the contract and YOU are on the hook for making every payment on time, every time.  There are zero...ZERO exceptions to that and they have heard all the excuses.  It is YOUR responsibility to see the payment was made...you failed to do that, especially in this period of time when you switched banks.  Finally, before it is either said, stated or hinted at, don't waste the effort...I don't work for them!