controlling

• Updated: Tue, July 16, 2013

• Reported By: Solon — Denver Colorado
Prestige Financial
1420 South 500 West Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Prestige Financial If you can, finance somewhere else, these people are horrible. If you are one day late they threaten repossession Salt Lake City Utah

*Author of original report: You obviously work for them

*Consumer Comment: Wow, Is This Ever a Surprise!

My car payment is due today, today July 16th and I was theatened with repossession. I have never dealt with a company like this before and If I new four months ago what I know now, I would have never, ever accepted a loan from them. No, my credit is the best, it's damaged, but I wasn't in a hurry to get a car, I had a 2010 HHR and I wish to Heaven I kept it. The people working on the account at Presitge Financial are rude, uncaring, belligerent, they call you a liar and hang up on you. Keep in mind, my payment is due today, I called them to tell them I would be making this months payment, this month, on my next pay day, at the end of this month. I was told "No, I can't give you till the end of this month", I was also told that I was lucky to even be financed by them and that they were a second chance lender and I have no grace period at all, not a day, not two days and definately not till the end of this month. So, I guess since my credit is damaged that means they have the right to treat me like I'm the dirt beneath their feet? This guy I spoke to couldn't have been nastier, the only thing he didn't do was spit in my face and that's because I was on the phone. Prestige financial over drew my checking account over by over $700.00 because I told them not to take the payment from my checking account, they did it anyway and my bank paid the car payment, but then every check that I wrote was either returned and I was charged an overdraft fee, or the check wasn't paid and I still was charged a NSF fee. They couldn't wait for me to call them with the payment, they are the reason my checking account is now closed. I didn't know there were companies that were allowed to conduct business in this maner. I guess when your credit is a little brusied you think you have to take what you get, but I know that's not true now; consumers can and should fight back, I know I am. This is a horrible company to do business with. One more thing to anyone reading this, in the state of colorado, they cannot repossess your vehicle if the payment is a day or two or 10 days late, you have rights. They have to first send you a Right to Cure letter, you then have 10 days to make your payment, and even then you have an additional 20 days. Please don't take my word, do as I did and find out your rights for yourself, and don't this jerk of a company bully you. I can trade my car in, in 8 more months, and I will do just that, just not to deal with these people anymore. Very dissatisfied customer. I hope more people complain about them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 09:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Financial/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/Prestige-Financial-If-you-can-finance-somewhere-else-these-people-are-horrible-If-you-1067611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Financial

You obviously work for them

AUTHOR: Solon - ()

So, I guess you know me or think you do because you see numbers on a paper and it's really obvious you can tell the type of person you are dealing with because of a credit score. You have no idea of what you speak. In addition, I have not made one late payment to this company. I don't have a problem dealing with creditors, I have a problem dealing with Prestige Financial, like you they are rude, condesending, and belligerent. Had I taken the time to find out more about them, I would have kept my 2010 HHR; like I told the salesman I didn't need anything else and didn't care if I was approved or not. Yeah, I messed up so much that I was able to cosign for vehicles for my children. Like I said you know nothing about me, my situation or of what you speak. You are funny, have a great day and by the way I have contacted the Attorney General's Office in Colorado and Utah about the tactics of this company.

Wow, Is This Ever a Surprise!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You are being financed by them because you have a history of screwing previous creditors.  You come to this place and what are you doing?  You are making late payments to them TOO!  Is there any wonder why you are a SUBPRIME borrower???  You agreed to make each and every payment on time, everytime.  If you don't want to deal with COLLECTORS, then either pay cash, don't buy any car or make your payments on time.  No, I don't work for them!