Complaint Review: Prestige Travel Systems

• Submitted: Mon, October 31, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, October 31, 2005

• Reported By:Hilliard Florida
Prestige Travel Systems
4802 Gunn Hwy., Suite 141 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Prestige Travel Systems ripoff, Companion Cruise that is suposed to be a free companion. I can get the same cruise for one at $349 on line and they want to chqarge me $819. This is after I already paid $60. on ebay for the cruise plus $25 registration fee. What a ripoff. Tampa Florida

In November of 2004 I bought Two Companion Cruise offered by Prestiege Travel Systems for $60 each. I also had to pay $25. registration fee for each. These were to be used in 18 months.

I recently decided to check on the price and take the cruises in April as they go out in May. My husband bought one and I bought one as we have different house holds and two addresses we were told we could use two cruises at the time I bought these.

I checked on the cruises I would like to take and found the prices directly for the Royal Caribbean site. The listing for a inside room was $349. Prestiege travel agent Marcus quoted me $819 for one person and a "free" companion. The companion cruise offer clearly states "the first passanger will pay the brochure, super saver, early bird, value fare or other equivalent discouhnt fare plus port charges and gov't taxes and the companion pays only port charges and gov't taxes. "

I just returned from a Royal Caribbean Eastern Caribbean cruise that was from Oct 2 - Oct 9. on the Mariner of the Seas. A seven day cruise on a much better ship and payed $849. for both my husband and I. I am well aware the cost of taxes and port charges.

This offer is a rip off and the people that take advantage of the public in this maner should be shut down or severly penalized for false advertizing and misleading of the public. If a person can buy a cruise on the exact same date , same ship and all from the cruise company itself. What is going on? RIP OFF!!!!!

Luanne
Hilliard, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2005 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prestige-Travel-Systems/Tampa-Florida-33624/Prestige-Travel-Systems-ripoff-Companion-Cruise-that-is-suposed-to-be-a-free-companion-162726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prestige Travel Systems