- Report: #1098826
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Presto Logistics
Presto Logistics23679 Calabasas Rd, Ste 727 calabasas, California USA
Presto Logistics John Miller, Carlos Hernandez, Ryan Rosendorff,Benjamin Vogel Bad Business Practices, Bait and Switch, Unethical, Unproffessional, Negligent calabasas California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Our supposed “Good Faith Estimate” of $1,942.00 turned into $3,557.00 move! We chose Presto based on your companies statement, “We believe that it is our responsibility to service the customer first, last, and always; maintaining intelligent business practices is the recipe for our continued success. Safety, Integrity, Service is our motto, and it’s what we believe are the three most important values that set our company apart from the rest.” Unfortunately, this was not our experience for our long-distance move with Presto.
1.Estimate: When we booked our move originally we were quoted 371cf total and on the day of pick-up were charged for 625cf total -- a 254cf difference for a one-bedroom 600 square foot apartment, resulting in an additional $1,244.60. Even though 95% of all of the measurements were provided prior to pick-up so that this exact situation would not happen.
2.Packing Materials: Upon arrival, quoted $175.00 for crating 5 items, which we agreed to, but after the move was complete and everything was loaded we were again presented the Packing Materials List and added in several more items for a total of $300.00. Also charged for packing materials not used. Even though we paid $510.00 for packing materials we still suffered $4,000.00+ in damage to our furniture.
3.Negligence: We have very expensive and fragile furniture and expressed our concerns several times with the Presto employees regarding using the stairs instead of the elevator, which they refused to do. The elevator was located right down the hallway and would have only taken a few extra minutes to use. They stated that it would take too long and had another job to get to. Instead, they negligently loaded all of the boxes and some of the fragile furniture on dollies and dragged it down each step instead of carrying the items down the stairs. As a result, we had several broken items in the boxes and damage to our furniture. As such, we had to pay a $250 deductible.
4. Illegal Surcharge: we were charged a credit card surcharge of 3.5% and according to California Civil Code section 1748.1, a surcharge may not be added when you elect to use a credit card instead of paying by cash.
5. Delivery: Our furniture was delivered a day earlier then the first available date that we provided. We were driving across country and had to drive two 15 hour days in order to make it to Florida in time because they arrived a day earlier.
6. Several broken items in boxes and a missing box with expensive household goods.
7. This company does not care and refers your calim to a third party company.
Do not use this moving company!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2013 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Presto-Logistics/calabasas-California-91302-/Presto-Logistics-John-Miller-Carlos-Hernandez-Ryan-RosendorffBenjamin-Vogel-Bad-Busine-1098826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.