Complaint Review: Presto Logistics

• Updated: Wed, June 26, 2013

• Reported By: hjbmd — Portland Oregon
Presto Logistics
23679 Calabasas Rd., Ste. 727 Calabasas, California USA

Presto Logistics Deceitfully under-estimated moving costs; wreaked havoc and destruction on my household goods! Calabasas California

Presto Logistics negligently and deliberately underestimated the shipment of our household goods from Ventura, CA to Portland, OR.  They were understaffed, inexperienced and deceitful.  It took them over 15 hours to load my stuff.  The original cu.ft. estimate was $6,300 for 2000 cu.ft.  Actual cost $10,395 for 3300 cu.ft.  Packing/material estimate $450, actual was $4,328.  Presto's delivery driver refused to drive his 18-wheeler through my 16' overly wide farm-gate.  They wanted $1400 for a smaller rental truck.  When I objected, they tried to leave with my stuff but I stood in front of their truck and called 911.  Police kind of settled it but Presto still ripped me off.  I got the rental truck for $66.  It took many hours and several shuttles to unload Presto's truck.  After everything was at my house, Presto boss said they'd be back at 9 am to re-assemble the things they originally disassemble. [continued below]....

.....  That was the last I've seen of them.  Presto head guys were very rude.  And from the amount of damaged and broken goods, must have thrown the boxes marked "fragile".  Many unique art pieces were damaged beyond repair and it is going to cost a lot to have the repairable items fixed.Presto Logistics departed with Shipment from Ventura location on May 21, at about 12:30 AM.  About noon, May 21, 2013, I discovered that Carrier neglected to pick up contents of upstairs bathroom.  I immediately called and informed Presto of the oversight.  Presto assured me that they would pick up and ship the items immediately.  As of June 26, 2013, despite my repeated requests, Presto has not delivered missing items.  After June 11, 2013, Presto Logistics has not returned my calls.  Between what they didn't pick up and what is missing in my unloaded Shipment:  One, green silk, vintage Persian rug, 5'x8', irreplaceable - $4,000 irreplaceable; Balance beam scale - $350 replacement value; Medium-size box of toiletries - $150 replacement value; "Alberto Giacometti"-style table lamp with shade - $500 replacement value.  One, red, 7'x9', vintage Turkish rug - $5,000 irreplaceable; Canvas tool kit with tools - $300 replacement value; 4 slats for queen size mattress/box spring set - $25 replacement value.  Missing Total: $10,300.  TOTAL LOSSES FROM DAMAGES AND/OR MISSING ITEMS = $65,287.00

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Presto-Logistics/Calabasas-California-91302/Presto-Logistics-Deceitfully-under-estimated-moving-costs-wreaked-havoc-and-destruction-1062347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Presto Logistics