Complaint Review: Price Toyota New Castle Delaware

• Updated: Sat, August 23, 2014

• Reported By: Bruce — Chadds Ford Pennsylvania
Price Toyota New Castle Delaware
168 N Dupont Highway New Castle, Delaware USA

Price Toyota New Castle Delaware Mislead and now credit jeopardized!! New Castle Delaware

My wife and I decided to trade in our leased Camry and scheduled an appointment via email with the salesperson.  When we arrived he was very courteous and happy to see us.  He was not only servicing us, but another customer at the same time.  We decided on a new Rav4 rather than purchasing a used vehicle.  He helped us make this decision.  We filled out the paperwork and we were informed that we had late charges and our mileage was over the required 3 year total.  Our vehicle was also checked out by someone at the time.  He worked hard to get the deal completed and my wife and I were both told that late charges, excess mileage would be included.  There was not indication at that time of any charges for excess wear and tear.  We were at the dealership for several hours, as a matter of fact, when we signed the papers we were the only customers in the building.  We were very happy when we left.  The monthly amount was a little more than we wanted to pay, but we loved the car.  We were also told by the way, not to worry about key charges or a mssing manual.  About a week later, the salesperson called us and told us we needed to pay for the missing keys after he told us not to worry about it.  I called the sales manager and he said not to worry, Price would cover that.  We were happy with the way that was handled.  We thought all was well.  A few weeks later we received a bill for $1598 for late charges on our Camry, excess mileage charges and wear and tear, all of which we thought was included in the montly payment.   I made several calls and left messages with no response.  I called Toyota Headquarters and they filed a case number.  Still, no phone call.  We also complained the the BBB of New Castle DE and the response was that Price could assume not liabilty for those charges since a 3rd party inspects the vehicle prior to the lease and we are responsible for those charges.  This is wearing us out and ultimately we have to pay the $1598.  I contact Toyota Financial Sevices and scheduled a tentative payment plan until February of $75 per month.  I am not sure what we are going to do after this.   Our credit will ultimately be affected.  Make sure you get all of your facts ahead of time prior to dealing with them.  We do not want this happening to anyone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2014 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Price-Toyota-New-Castle-Delaware/New-Castle-Delaware-19720/Price-Toyota-New-Castle-Delaware-Mislead-and-now-credit-jeopardized-New-Castle-Delaware-1171837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Price Toyota New Castle Delaware