Complaint Review: Priceline

• Updated: Sat, March 15, 2014

• Reported By: Mindi — Hamilton Ontario
800 Connecticut Ave. Norwalk, Connecticut USA

Priceline Worst Customer Service EVER!! Lying, Patronizing, Thieves!! Internet

I booked a flight through Priceline using a Visa/Debit card.  After taking the money from my account and sending me a confirmation e-mail with itinerary, Priceline e-mailed me hours later to let me know that the flight was not booked and I was not charged.

I called Priceline and was told that their database hadn't been updated and that the flight I wanted wasn't available.  I was assured that my money would be returned to my account within 24 hrs.  The following day my money still wasn't returned.  I contacted Priceline again and was told that it was my bank's problem and there was nothing they could do.

I contacted my bank and was told that Priceline needed to reverse the charges to my account and that there was nothing they could do.  Once again I contacted Priceline (you have no idea how hard it is to get a hold of a real person there!!!!), and once again I was told that they didn't charge my account and that it wasn't there problem.

My bank has launched an investigation and I've been told that it will take at least 2 weeks.  I'm travelling to Sri Lanka on a Humanitarian Mission and need to be there in 2 weeks.  I am now left with no flight and no money to book another one.  Not one person at Priceline apologized or took any kind of responsibility for THEIR error.  They were all clearly reading from a script and it was incredibly impersonal and patronizing.  I am absolutely disgusted with Priceline and will walk to Sri Lanka before I EVER deal with Priceline again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2014 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priceline/Norwalk-Connecticut-06854/Priceline-Worst-Customer-Service-EVER-Lying-Patronizing-Thieves-Internet-1130973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline