Complaint Review: priceline.com

• Submitted: Wed, March 02, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, March 02, 2011

• Reported By: Mamabear — Charlotte North Carolina U.S.A.
charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

priceline.com THEY WILL CHARGE YOU AND NOT REFUND YOU! charlotte, North Carolina

I booked a hotel on Priceline. I gave my credit card information and purchased it. I was asked if I wanted to make a reservation for a vehicle. I thought, "sure, no harm in making a reservation". I was shocked to learn later that I had been charged for the reservation. I have rented cars numerous times before and know that you do not pay for it upfront. When I called Priceline to dispute the charge, I was told that there was a "no refund, no change policy". What is that??

I spoke w/ a rep there who kept repeating the policy as if I hadn't heard it the first 5 times. I was even transferred to customer relations, who stated the policy yet again. I am familiar w/ the policy. I did not authorize a charge to my card. Not only that, I never entered my credit card info for this reservation.

They automatically charged the same credit card that I used for my hotel. I made the reservation only a few hours before I noticed I had been charged and I called in right away. The reservation is for the 16th and today is the 2nd. Why can't they refund me? It's not like the rental car company or them would be losing money, they have tons of time to re-book. Still, I have no refund and have not even received services. I am def going to dispute this one w/ my bank!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2011 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pricelinecom/charlotte-North-Carolina-/pricelinecom-THEY-WILL-CHARGE-YOU-AND-NOT-REFUND-YOU-charlotte-North-Carolina-701797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on priceline.com