Complaint Review: priceline.com

• Reported By: Gladiator57 — San Diego California United States of America
priceline.com

priceline.com Priceline Travel Insurance ripoff, Internet

*Author of original report: Priceline Travel Insurance ripoff

*Consumer Comment: Why don't people understand final means final?

Infuriated with Priceline over the Travel Insurance. I booked a hotel through Priceline for an out of town trip. Two days before the trip the "check engine" light of my car came on. I was advised not to drive my car until I get the car checked out, which could not be done in time for the trip. I called Priceline to cancel my reservations; it was more than a 24 hour notice! They informed me that they could not cancel my reservation and that I would be charged the full amount for the two night hotel expense if I didn't check in (to the hotel).

I had them escalate my call, hoping I would get a resolution to this problem, but to not avail. I was told by Sharon the "Customer Relations Specialist," they could not cancel my trip unless it's a medical emergency or death! Of course, if it were death would I need a refund??? The call ended with the Customer Relations Specialist telling me, "Sir, I hate to tell you that you have no options." If this email helps one person avoid getting ripped off by Priceline, it will have been worth the time it took to post this message.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pricelinecom/internet/pricelinecom-Priceline-Travel-Insurance-ripoff-Internet-1014155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on priceline.com

Priceline Travel Insurance ripoff

AUTHOR: Gladiator57 - (United States of America)

Some companies hide behind the fine print. Note that the original report was not about a general cancellation policy, but about the TRAVEL INSURANCE. There are many LEGITIMATE reasons a customer might need to cancel a trip. To label it as customer greed is not only shortsighted, but creates a lose / lose situation for all involved. Most smart businesses realize the value of flexibility in their policy and good customer service. Excellence in customer service = loyal customers = company profits.

Why don't people understand final means final?

AUTHOR: Sarah - (United States of America)

Just wondering why you would book a FINAL reservation and assume they would refund you for a non-emergency situation? This is how discounted rates work and is true for all discount travel whether be from Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbtiz, or a discounted pre-pay rate directly from the hotel ITSELF. Out of the millions of customers out there that use discounted travel sites, there are only thousands of complaints, and it's from people that are greedy and think they should get anything they want and want something for nothing.