Complaint Review: priceline.com

• Submitted: Tue, January 29, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 29, 2013

• Reported By: aliciae621 — New York United States of America
priceline.com

priceline.com Refused to change hotel 3 hours after booking vacation. Against policy, nonchangeable, nonrefundable- NONSENSE Internet

Booked my vacation package through priceline this morning for what seemed to be a great price. After researching the location of the hotel in the package I realized that it was over 100miles from my arriving airport and over 130miles away from my points of interest. I immediately emailed customer service and then called a short while after. Note call placed to customer service wasn't even 3 hours after booking the trip. I called customer service team and requested a different hotel offering to pay the difference. I contacted the customer service team within less then 3hours of booking my trip that is over a month away. Explained to the team, that I will be looking at over 5 hours a day in travel to see and visit the areas of interest in Puerto Rico. For the inconvenience, waste of time and cost of gas I'd rather ENJOY my vacation and pay the difference by choosing a different hotel. Priceline customer service team was totally disinterested in my satifaction, attempting to make me a happy customer or my issue regarding the trip. They just kept referring to the policy and refused to help at all. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH PRICELINE AGAIN. I have contacted my bank and requested a dispute to be initiated.

On Jan 29, 2013, at 11:26 AM, "Customer Service" <vacations@cs.priceline.com> wrote:

> Dear Alicia,

> Thank you for taking the time to send us an e-mail regarding your vacation package reservation booked for a trip to San Juan.  Our records indicate that you have already spoken with a Customer Care Representative and have been advised that your reservation is restricted; it is non-changeable, non-refundable, and non-transferable.

You have been advised that you were provided an option to choose the hotel while submitting the request. You have been advised that it is at your descrition to dispute your case with bank.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

Sincerely,

Ankit T.

Customer Service Specialist

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pricelinecom/internet/pricelinecom-Refused-to-change-hotel-3-hours-after-booking-vacation-Against-policy-non-1005518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on priceline.com