Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Updated: Tue, January 14, 2014

• Reported By: Peggy — Bend Oregon
Priceline.com
800 Connecticut Ave Norwalk, Connecticut USA

Priceline.com Priceline.com scam - refused to refund two and a half hours after reservation was made and then cancelled. Norwalk Connecticut

I reserved a hotel room at approximately 3:25 p.m. through Priceline.com for arrival later the same evening. Approximately 2 hours later I found out the court hearing we had to attend the following day was actually set for the afternoon rather than the morning, so we could drive to our destination tomorrow morning rather than this evening. I contacted the hotel right away and was informed I would have to contact Priceline.com for the cancellation. I was connected to a call center who informed me that I would not receive a refund because Priceline had already debited my card, and since the cancellation was made the same day as the reservation, I'm not entitled to a refund.  I would have had to make the reservation yesterday and the cancellation by noon today to be eligible for a refund.  The desk manager at the hotel said he had never had that occur before.  He recommended some other online company if you need to book a last minute reservation. My recommendation to anyone trying to book a room, use almost any other reservation facilitator.  Priceline.com, with all its clever advertising, neglected to mention its very tricksy little cancellation policy.  I work for a law office so it's not over yet. I'm furious!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2014 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom/Norwalk-Connecticut-06854/Pricelinecom-Pricelinecom-scam-refused-to-refund-two-and-a-half-hours-after-reservatio-1115267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com