Complaint Review: Pride Transport

5499 west 2455 South Salt Lake City, Utah USA
  • Phone: 800-877-1320
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Pride Transport I Was Over THe Road driver Pride lide to me on phone befor i hide on put i came on anyways Salt Lake City Utah

*UPDATE Employee: Pride - the most honest company I've worked for

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Pride Transport

i drove for pride for one year then they fired me for bening late on loads but they over booked my truck  i was on very low on my 70 hr rule but the company dent care about my hrs of service only the loads

i got a load from nogals az to cheyenne wy it was 2.5 day trip but i was running late the shipper held me over 1 day no help from company my delivery time was 9;30 am i told them them i cant makeit till around noon walmart said come back at 0230am so i site till then and after hr dispatcher megan called me she ask why im i in big springs ne i said im in cheyenne but she arguing the point with me i said im not arguing with a woman on my phone,

this company will not help pay for any phone bill but they will user your phone  and lie about there pay jest to get you n

they toled me ill make 38.cpm and all i got is 34 so hoow pays the rest  im off the road now and looking for locall work

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2013 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pride-Transport/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84120/Pride-Transport-I-Was-Over-THe-Road-driver-Pride-lide-to-me-on-phone-befor-i-hide-on-pu-1060533. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pride Transport

Pride - the most honest company I've worked for

AUTHOR: Forest Lady - ()

I've been an over-the-road driver since 2002. I've worked for several companies and Pride Transport has the most honest recruiting department I've ever seen in trucking. I left this company once, simply because I thought I could get more miles elsewhere. I came back.

I've worked for them for nearly three years now. I've never been lied to. Not by my dispatcher. Not by recruiting. Not by payroll. Not by human rescources. Not by the owner. Not by the CEO.

I'm not sure about the above driver's experience, but his pay would have been consistent with his experience. If he didn't understand how to read his paycheck, he may not have realized the pay difference may have been because his per diem pay (part of his per mile pay) is shown on a different line on the pay statement.

Also, he may have not performed well enough to earn the monthly bonuses. However, recruiting is clear in explaining that these are seperate from per mile pay.

I've always been paid any detention, layover, and/or breakdown pay that I've been entitled to. I am promptly paid any mileage or fuel bonuses I am entitiled to.

The trucking industry is not without issues or problems. Shippers or receivers can run late. Especially since this is a refrigerted company. Produce loads can take awhile to load. Weather can cause delays. However, I've always been able to get any matter quickly resolved with my dispatcher or other employee respresentative.

This is the only trucking company I've worked for where pretty much every office person has learned my name and knows who I am by my name rather than truck number. There is a true open door policy here. Seriously, any driver can walk in and speak with the owner or the CEO.

Regarding the above drivers complaint about using his phone ... a lot of communication is done over the DriverTech (onboard computer). This is installed in the truck and the company pays for it. In my entire driving career, no company has ever paid my cell phone bill. I've not expected it. However, I do know that it is considered a business tool and is a tax deduction.

By the way, my cell phone company DOES give me a 15% discount for being an employee of this company.

If you are a professional driver who takes pride in your performance ... Pride Transport is an excellent company to work for.

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Pride Transport

AUTHOR: Steve - ()

This driver was not fired for one service failure. He was fired for 14 service failures in 13 months, going 75 mph in a 55 on one occasion and going 80 in a 55 on another, turning off electronic log recorder on purpose, turning reefer off on purpose, not following fuel and routing guidelines and using foul and abusive language with other drivers and office employees. Every load is booked legal or we would not be in business. Every driver is told right up front that when we send them a load we are simply asking them to provide feedback on what they can do with the load with their particular hours. This driver would not provide that communication, take 11 to 16 hours breaks and in several cases simply drive in violation, show up late and then blame it on everyone else. Pride Transport has a very good reputation for telling the truth good or bad to our fantastic drivers. This driver must have thought it was a pretty good place to work because he asked to come back but Pride respectfully declined.