Complaint Review: Prieto's Auto Sales

3450 W. Broadway Rd. Phoenix, Arizona USA

Prieto's Auto Sales Fraudulent practices Phoenix Arizona

*Author of original report: Practices

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: why

On Sept. 7, 2013 I went to Prieto's to buy a car and offer my own car as a trade-in. The salesperson stated that their credit card reader was broken and I had to bring in cash, which I did. After waiting for hours, they let me drive off with a car that had so many issues that it wasn't even legal to drive on the road (headlights, turn signals) and a host of other annoying ones, like a tire that went flat after just 2 hours of leaving. I would have replaced the flat if I could get the trunk to open, but the release switch was missing and the key didn't work.

So I went back there the following Monday and the owner and I agreed that I would get my cash back and he could keep his and my car. But at that day he said he was out of checks, so I had him write a promissory note for the next day, which he promised that I would get my money back. After a week of run-arounds and 3 promissory notes he finally wrote me a for the following day post-dated check that, as I found out at the bank, was bad. I just want to get my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prietos-Auto-Sales-/Phoenix-Arizona-85041/Prietos-Auto-Sales-Fraudulent-practices-Phoenix-Arizona-1085271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prieto's Auto Sales

Practices

AUTHOR: wolfm - ()

It's not about the car anymore. The owner and I agreed on a refund, and I got the runaround for weeks, including a bad check. If you ask why they got money from me in the first place, there's some stupidity on my part. The salesperson claimed that his credit card reader was broken and they needed cash. So I got money orders for that amount that is owed to me. That should have been a sign for me, because I could have easily disputed the charge on my card, and the salesperson knew it.
However, what I'm complaining about is that I have a signed contract and a bad check and got all kinds of excuses day after day that they don't have my money.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

why

AUTHOR: buck - ()

?????????  Inspection of the car would have saved u a lot of money?????