Complaint Review: Prime Wine Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, April 02, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, April 02, 2010

• Reported By: Ike — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Prime Wine Inc.
2100 W 16th Street Broadview, Illinois United States of America

Prime Wine Inc. Primewines.com WINE NEVER DELIVERED - even kept me hanging with a gift certificate so fraud claims were no longer eligible Broadview , Illinois

So I wanted to order some wine for my parent's anniversary and found a well priced online wine store called primewines.com.....It seemed like a small time operation which made me skeptical, but I went with it.

The first order never came to my parents, so I called the customer service line (which ALWAYS goes to VM for a guy named Jeff) and left a message. When he called back he said I could either get my money back or take double the value of the original order in gift certificates - great deal right?! So, I took the gift certificates, giving one to my parents, and we both ordered new bottles. Neither mine or my parents ever arrived...again.

Jeff never responded to any of the additional voicemails I left for him (3 to 4), one of which included a better business beareu report and a threat to file fraud charges with my credit card company. It seems he knew what he was doing though - allow me to explain: fraud claims with a cc company can only be filed within two months of the cleared charge. The gift certificate or "refund" he would have given are probably a way of delaying the scam realization process past two months, never allowing the purchaser to recoup lost funds. You figure 2 weeks to deliver, a week to resolve, another 2 weeks to order again, and another week to never get in touch with you....you basically need to file the claim very quickly after the second failed delivery to get your money back. In other words...COMPLETE SCAM

DO NOT order from primewines....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2010 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prime-Wine-Inc/Broadview-Illinois-60155/Prime-Wine-Inc-Primewinescom-WINE-NEVER-DELIVERED-even-kept-me-hanging-with-a-gift-cer-588876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prime Wine Inc.