Complaint Review: Primerica - Citigroup - Primeamerica

• Submitted: Thu, August 25, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, August 25, 2005

• Reported By:charlotte North Carolina
Primerica - Citigroup - Primeamerica
3519 Pelham Road Greenville, South Carolina U.S.A.

Primerica - Citigroup - Primeamerica ripoff, scam pyramid Greenville South Carolina
*UPDATE: Primerica recognized by Rip-off Report a business opportunity well worth considering - it's not for everyone but many representatives make solid commission incomes. Primerica takes appropriate action against representatives conducting themselves improperly, pledges 100% commitment to customer service.

This company is a scam. An ex-friend invited me to come to an overview and i immediately knew I was being misled. They said that they help people but my friend told me that two people in that office make over $150,000 per year. Is that helping people?

They also said that they market investments from Smith Barney, Fidelity, American Funds, Pioneer and a bunch of other companys. If they are part of Citigroup, they certainly can't do that.

They also said that they are able to help home buyers with a mortgage that has no down payment, no PMI, and a program that helps them to get out of the mortgage early. I asked a friend in the mortgage industry who has access to over 3,000 different companys and loans if he has one of these loans and he said no, because it sounded bad for the mortgage company/bank and wouldn't be profitable.

They also said that they are now distributing MetLife products but that is also a lie. My nephew works for MetLife as an adjuster and he said that MetLife is not having any financial problems at all. That would be like K-mart asking Walmart to market their stuff. Like that is going to happen!

I think the thing that irritated me the most was that I have no experience in financial matters at all and I have no desire to sit down with someone in their mobile home helping them get out of debt, and then get laughed out of the country club. I'm also a little too old to start a career with some scam company, after spending the last 22 years in textiles until I was laid off. I'm sure something better will come along for me, and I said as much to my ex-friend.

Joe
charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2005 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primerica-Citigroup-Primeamerica/Greenville-South-Carolina-29615/Primerica-Citigroup-Primeamerica-ripoff-scam-pyramid-Greenville-South-CarolinaUPDATE-154934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primerica - Citigroup - Primeamerica