Complaint Review: Primetime Readers Service

• Updated: Thu, June 26, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — Saint Paul Minnesota
Primetime Readers Service
Lakewood, Ohio USA

Primetime Readers Service United Readers Service, MANY OTHERS Friendly innocent phone call leads to hundreds of dollars Lakewood Ohio

Primetime Readers Service is a complete scam! They called me stating I was a preferred customer of some credit card. They said that I have won a diamond watch and an entry into a drawing for a huge prize-all I need to do is buy some magazines every month.They had me choose between a car or a dream vacation.

Normally I would hang up but the women was very sweet and sounded young and kept telling me she was in training so I thought it was legit. She joked with me and complimented me on things. She did a great job of distracting me. She kept saying sorry because she was new! I read online that they say that to everyone!

I've never won anything before so I was excited.They asked for a payment right away on the phone, while distracting me with talk about fashion and vacations. She couldn't be tricking me right? Wrong. I am now stuck overpaying magazines that I do not want for two years. They were VERY misleading.

I have tried to cancel but they don't return my emails. They say if I don't pay the 39.90 every month they will take it out of my bank card. Also the "diamond watch" isn't worth more than $15.00.

This company goes by many names one is United Readers Service. They have been investigated by the Federal Trade Commission numerous times, and have had many complaints filed. They also have a 2007 citation for breaking the Communications Act of 1934.

I have called them once again trying to cancel and they say they can't because they made a commitment to the publisher. This is a lie! I am trying very hard to cancel. I finally got in touch with someone at corporate, she treated me like a child and compared my complaint to ordering pizza! She has smooth talked her way out of things before thats for sure. Don't get fooled by the young women that call! You'll regret it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2014 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Primetime-Readers-Service/Lakewood-Ohio-44107/Primetime-Readers-Service-United-Readers-Service-MANY-OTHERS-Friendly-innocent-phone-cal-1157766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Primetime Readers Service