Complaint Review: privacymatters123

• Submitted: Fri, November 20, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, November 20, 2009

• Reported By: Shane J — Bailey Colorado United States of America
privacymatters123

privacymatters123 Debited money from our account without authorization, reportedly for a membership fee. Internet

*Consumer Comment: So

There was a debit from account for $24.95 supposedly for a membership fee. We never signed up for ANY membership and when I called and got a "customer service" agent on the phone.

I was adament about not having any kind of membership. The girl told me that they were sorry and they would cancel the membership and refund the money in 1-2 business days.

After 10 days of no refund and a long drawn out dispute with my bank regarding charges, I e-mailed them and threatened to cal the BBB. I immediately got a response stating that there would be a refund in the next 2 BILLING cycles on our bank account!!! Come on!! These people are a SCAM!!! Funny thing was, they referenced my wife as her maiden nmae. We've been married five years!! BE CAREFUL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2009 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/privacymatters123/internet/privacymatters123-Debited-money-from-our-account-without-authorization-reportedly-for-a-526627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on privacymatters123

So

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

Because they used your wifes maiden name, I would ask her what she did online using her maiden name.

PrivacyMatters is a valid company and doesnt just randomly pick people to bill.

My guess is you cant cancel your wifes account becuse you don't sound like a woman.