Complaint Review: Private Workout Plano

• Updated: Thu, October 31, 2013

• Reported By: Annoyed and Pissed — Garland Texas
Private Workout Plano
2412 Preston Rd Plano, Texas USA

Private Workout Plano Location Private Workout is a Scam, Sham & a Rip Off Plano Texas

I received an unauthorized charge of $215.42 by private workout after sending a certified letter to them to cancel and not to charge my account. I received a groupon for a boot camp style work out with private workout which included an hour session. When I got to the location on October 9, 2013 to redeem my groupon I received HIGH pressure sales and unprofessional treatment. The "trainer" would not accept no for an answer and the meeting was not progressing to the work out session until I buckled and just agreed to sign. The "trainer" would not move forward until I signed and I was there for an hour and a half because she would not walk me through until I signed and even once she did do the walk through it was so rushed. It was a completely unprofessional and uncomfortable situation. On top of the fact that she was having full blown conversations with other customers during our "consultation" and no less than 5 times stopped to tell me how her period was so bad and to excuse her for keep having to go to the restroom because she was leaking like a faucet and not even a tampon could hold it. She also showed me the towel that she had to take with her for clean up. She went on about how horrible her menstrual cycle has been since she has been in her 40's and had her last child and now she gets nauseous and vomits every month. Completely unprofessional. She also had full blown personal conversations with other customers that were not related to their membership at all. I kept telling her that I just wanted to get an idea of the workout before i commit and she would not let up on the sale, and said if you don't feel comfortable you can always cancel. Once she finally got me to sign which was after an hour and 15 minutes she finally put me through the workout and it was completely rushed and she didn't explain how to use the equipment properly as she stated she would.

I left on October 9th and never returned to the business, never used the service - I called and said I wanted to cancel, I was told I have to do it online. When I attempted to do it online I was informed via email through the company that services their website that it could only be done by contacting the store. (I kept all emails.) I then sent a certified letter informing them that I wanted to cancel, I request that no debits be made to my account or credit card and that I was filing bankruptcy and was informed by my attorney to refer any one to them in relation to debts possibly owed - I left them the phone number and name to the attorney's office and they completly disregarded it and drafted my account $215.42 anyway. I then called them and said I needed them to reverse the charges because they were not authorized and that if they didn't I would start the complaint process with several agencies. In response they sent me an email which threatened to sue me for sharing my experience. I responded that I have the right to tell the public my experience if they choose not to correct their error. The "membership" was cancelled within the SAME month and the service was never used. I paid $19 to groupon and I feel that I'm not owed anything beyond the amount that I paid to groupon because I had a horrible experience, received the run around and never used the service.

The "membership" was cancelled within the SAME month and the service was NEVER used. I paid $19 to groupon and I feel that I don't owe Private Workout anything beyond the amount that I paid to groupon because I had a horrible experience, received the run around and never used the service. I want the $215.42 returned to my bank account immediately. They have high pressure sales and deceptive business practices and have numerous complaints online from people who have had the same experience. They should not be allowed to continue to do this to people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2013 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Private-Workout-Plano/Plano-Texas-75093/Private-Workout-Plano-Location-Private-Workout-is-a-Scam-Sham-a-Rip-Off-Plano-Texas-1095968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Private Workout Plano