Complaint Review: Prize America

• Submitted: Mon, March 31, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 31, 2008

• Reported By:Macedon New York
Prize America
PO Box 7660 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Prize America USA MEGA MILLIONS/PCH draws "The Big Game" Las Vegas Nevada

On March 30, 2008 I was opening my mail and came across an envelope with no return address. The letter stated that I had just won a grand prize of $75,000 thru the MEGA MILLIONS/PCH, USA's biggest multi-state lottery.

Also enclosed was a check for $4,850 from Bertelsmann Direct North America Inc. located in Indianapolis, In. The bank that was used was Chase Manhattan Bank Delaware.

It stated that I needed to contact John Crawford immediately at 778-858-1119 in order to activate the check and start the claim process. Upon calling the number 2 things happened. First, a recording came on stating that I had reached 778-858-1119 and secondly, the voice mail box was full at this time.

I then starting doing some research via the internet.

Consumer Affairs has had numerous compaints about scams such as this one. I also went on the Publishers Clearing House website and no such sweepstakes/lottery was listed. I sent them an e-mail inquiring about it.

I Then came across a report from another individual from this website about the same scam.

I am glad that I did the research before I got my hopes up. Now if I receive a phone call from Prize America, I will be armed and ready .

I hope that my story helps others out.

Skeptical in ny
Macedon, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2008 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prize-America/Las-Vegas-Nevada-30003/Prize-America-USA-MEGA-MILLIONSPCH-draws-The-Big-Game-Las-Vegas-Nevada-322487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prize America