Complaint Review: Prize America;publishers Clearing House

• Submitted: Mon, April 07, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, April 07, 2008

• Reported By:CHICAGO Illinois
Prize America;publishers Clearing House
Canada Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Prize America;publishers Clearing House fake check sent claiming to be lottery winnings Las Vegas Nevada

I received a check in the amount of $4850 drawn out of a Bank of America account, along with a letter stating i am a winner of the year end USA MEGA MILLIONS/PCH.

In the letter there is a number to call, 416-897-0137, stating to call "to activate your check and start the claim process." I looked up the number on the internet, and it is a cell phone number based out of Ontario Canada.

However, I called, all they asked for was a claim number and your name, and they stated that a in few more days, there will be a certified check sent out and deliviered by Fed-Ex. I was also told to keep this letter confidential so there can not be a double claim made.

When I asked how I won, they stated it was a few years ago, and it was a second chance drawing. I then went on and told them I didn't recall entering a drawing of any sort.

They then told me I should know wheter I entered a drawing or not, and was told I was making a false claim and HUNG UP! I believe I was asking too many questions for them.

The check is issued from a company called: Tricorbraun. So I looked up that company online and it is a glass and plastic packaging company. The person who answered right away knew what I was talking about when i asked to speak to someone regarding a check. I was informed that it is a fraudgelent check and to send it back stating "fraudgelent mail."

I can't send it back because, THE IS NO FORWARDING ADDRESS ON THE ENEVELOPE!!!

Don't be fooled by this check or letter. The only information they ask from you is a six digit claim number and your first and last name, and the money is yours!!

Too good to be true
CHICAGO, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2008 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Prize-Americapublishers-Clearing-House/Las-Vegas-Nevada-30003/Prize-Americapublishers-Clearing-House-fake-check-sent-claiming-to-be-lottery-winnings-La-324362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Prize America;publishers Clearing House