Complaint Review: proactiv solution

• Updated: Sun, November 07, 2010

• Reported By: miandoli — Jamaica Plain Massachusetts United States of America
proactiv solution
Palm Desert, CA 92260 Palm Desert, California United States of America

proactiv solution Over ships Product, Have cancelled membership three times! Palm Desert, California

Although Proactiv is a good product and worked well for me, their billing and fraudulent practices ruin any benefit of using this product.  My issues with proactiv have been on going for a few years now.  I originally signed up for their membership because I liked the convenience of it and that you supposedly saved money.  However, they repeatedly shipped me product at shorter intervals than I had requested as well as sending me the wrong products.  I called numerous times and each time was promised that the error was fixed just to have the same thing happen again.  I decided that I was no longer saving money, and was in fact being over charged, so I canceled my account.   A few months later they billed me and shipped another package.  I again called and canceled.  The man on the phone was actually screaming at me and calling me a liar.  After 45 minutes of this, I was told that my account was canceled.  About 4 or 5 months later, I receive another shipment and bill from Proactiv.  This time I was determined to cancel my account AND get refunded.  According to the surgeon general, if you receive a product you didn't order, you don't have to return it in order to get a refund.  You can consider it a free gift.  When I brought this up to the customer service person, they flatly denied this and accused me of trying to commit some sort of scam.  He also accused me of lying about having canceled my account with them twice already and actually claimed to have phone records of me having placed the order!  After having gone through this three times already I have to come to the conclusion that this is not just some computer glitch but a company wide policy of scamming customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2010 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/proactiv-solution/Palm-Desert-California-/proactiv-solution-Over-ships-Product-Have-cancelled-membership-three-times-Palm-Desert-659353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on proactiv solution