Complaint Review: proactiv

• Submitted: Tue, July 05, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, July 05, 2011

• Reported By: vincent228 — wallingford Connecticut United States of America
po box 361448 des moines, Iowa United States of America

proactiv they dont cancel your account when you ask, and then bill you for packages you never receive, and then send you to a collection agency !!! des moines, Iowa

my wife signed up for proactiv last year.
i saw the charge to our credit card and questioned her what it was. she told me it was for our teenage daughter. there would be 3 chrges of $29 dollars to our credit card and that was it.
after i saw the 3rd charge, i called proavtiv to make sure it was done. they then said there was 1 more charge comeing and then the account was closed. that was in june of 2010. in november of 2010 i received a bill from proactiv stating i owed them an amount of $68 for a package i recieved from them. i spoke to a gentlemean named patrick that showed that i did cancell the account in june, but they sen out another package by mistake. I confirmed we recieved no package. he said he would send a letter stating there was no delivery, and would make sure my account was cancelled.
as i was witing for this lketter to fill out, i recieved another bill from them 30 days later. i called again in january of 2011 and spoke to a eric. he said he sees where i cancelled the account in june and then spoke to patrick, and he would send out this letter to state i recieved no package (as if the burdon was on me to prove i recieved no package rather than them to prove that i did recieve it). i recieved an affidavit from them and filled it out anyway. i sent it back and that was that. then today 7-5-2011, i recieve a letter from a collection agency that i owe the money to them. i called proactiv and spoke to them about how discusted i was, and how negligent they were for this entire mess. a supervisor named mellisa told me one it goes to collections they cant do anything about it. i said what about the affidavit i sent back. melissa saked me "why didnt you follow up about it ?".
WHAT !!!!??????? I recieved nothing else from them !!!! she stated they sent a bill in february, march and april.
I said if that was the case (we recieved no letters), it didnt matter anyway. proactiv was 100% negligent of this whole situation. And i said "if my account wasnt cancelled, how come my credit card was no longer charged?". melissa said "they removed my credit card in september". i said AH HA !!!!, that PROVES you closed my account !!!!. they then said it was my problem., when i informed her she was being recorded, confirming that i cancelled the account and spoke to people several times confirming it, she informed me "you cant record me !!!". i said "this call may be recorded for fraud reasons". she then hung up on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2011 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/proactiv/des-moines-Iowa-50336/proactiv-they-dont-cancel-your-account-when-you-ask-and-then-bill-you-for-packages-you-n-749461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on proactiv