Complaint Review: probuilt tools

• Updated: Sun, October 07, 2012

• Reported By: daniel — fort worth Texas United States of America
probuilt tools
24331 lake forest, california 92630 Internet United States of America

probuilt tools Nick villar, south coast equipment, phase one technologies probuilt tools stole my money Internet

*Consumer Comment: Probuilt Ripped us off too!

*Author of original report: wow

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This Guy Is Way off.

I ordered a sewer camera from Pro built tools in November 2011; a month goes by and the owner, nick Villar said that they got new camera heads and as soon as they had them on in a few days it would be in route. After a few more months of excuses I asked for a refund. It is now July 2012, 9 months later and Nick Villar will not return my calls.. I've received 2 emails from him, only after I hurt his ego talking about his business management skills,. He responded by calling me names; I guess me wanting what is mine really offends him?.

Every moment dealing with these people is a nightmare?. It turns out it is actually south coast equipment renamed after they burned their bridges ripping people off?. After researching Nick Villar I called one of his numbers and it was south coast equipment. He is also involved with phase one technologies; same people running it under different names to scam people. Before you deal with Nick Villar, Probuilt tools, southcoast equipment, or phase one technologies, do your research!. Google them, look them up on bbb as I should have.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/probuilt-tools/internet/probuilt-tools-Nick-villar-south-coast-equipment-phase-one-technologies-probuilt-tools-s-914153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on probuilt tools

Probuilt Ripped us off too!

AUTHOR: Joe - (United States of America)

First, who cares who the owner is.  So far, two of us have been under the impression Nick Villar is the owner.  But does it really matter.  The facts are still the same.  Items were purchased, returned and the customer was not refunded.

Second, listen to how this author/Probuilt Tools talks about their customer.  It is so unprofessional and frankly inmature.  Just the way Probuilt responded to that complain is enough to stay away from this company.  They called their client Mr Dumass.  Really?  On the internet?  Not very smart or professional. I can't believe a self proclaimed successful company with over 15,000 happy customers would act like this on the internet.  I work in the service industry and I would never talk to a client that way.  What happened to "the customer is always right".  I don't care if Probuilt felt the customer was wrong, they could act like a successful and professional company and have some self respect.

Third, Probuilt wants you to disregard the fact that they are not an accredited BBB company.  But it does not matter if you are accredited, you still get a grade.  Companies are graded on such things as time in business, updated information, response to complaints, resolution to complaints etc.  A company can have an A+ rating and still have 10 complaints.  It is how the company responds to the complaints or if they respond at all.  Probuilt has a F rating and 4 complaints they never responded to.  Why is that?  As pissed off as this author is about how this complaint was made, you would think they would respond to all complaints.  Our business is not accredited either but we still have an A+ rating.  Don't let Probuilt try and fool you.

I implore anyone who is thinking of using this company to think twice.  I have never in my life worked with a company that is so flakey and has absolutely no integrity.  We still have not been refunded and it will be a year on October 17th, 2012.  Nick Villar promised to refund our money minus the 25% restocking fee if we followed their instructions.  We had tried to send the equipment back once before but since we did not have the proper coding on the package, Probuilt would not accept it.

This time, We did exactly what Probuilt told us to do. The equipment was accepted by Probuilt, the warranty department confirmed it was received and inspected.  We never received a refund.  We sent a certified copy of the refund letter that Nick sent us to sign and we also sent originals with the cameras.  When we first received our eqiupment, We tried to have Probuilt build us the equipment to have it the way we needed it to actually do what it is advertised to do.  We told them we would pay any additional cost.

They would not work with us.  That is why we had no other option than to return it.  You can't do a sewer line inspection with exposed wires and a 10" laptop that is not waterproof.  And how is a plumber going to push a camera through a sewer line with crap all over their gloves and work on a 10" laptop on the roof?  It isn't even a laptop, it is a notebook.  The camera we finally purchased is encased in plastic and has a waterproof keypad, there are no exposed wires.  Ask yourself why are the best rated sewer cameras $10,000+ and these are $2,500.

Read the fine print, No Refunds if you use the camera and if they do take a return, get ready for a fight and remember their is a 25% restocking fee.  Is it worth it?  Find another company please.  At this point I don't think we will ever receive a refund although we are trying to file a class-action lawsuit.  The only reason I am posting this rebuttle is so nobody else gets ripped off by this company.  I have nothing to gain by doing this.  If Probuilt responds to this rebuttle, lets see what they come up with to blame this refund issue on us.

wow

AUTHOR: daniel - (United States of America)

Nick, Thank you for sending the refund:)

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This Guy Is Way off.

AUTHOR: GM - (United States of America)

This complaint was filed by A. Dumass. We wont mention his real name or company to keep it civil.
He paid with a credit card for some equipment.
His equipment wasn't quite what he needed.
A few months go down the line and he figured out he got the wrong order.
We tell him he can ship the equipment back and when we receive it we will return the payment back to his card.
We receive the equipment and we initiate payment back, and his card merchant won't allow the money to be returned. in the meanwhile his merchant has already taken our cash because we started a refund process.
We told A. Dumass as soon as his merchant releases the cash back to us we would cut him a check.
He is an impatient little Mr. Dumass and did not agree.
So he does what every angry person does that does not get there way, He cries out to the world on the internet.
Bottom line he got his refund in full after his merchant released the funds back to us.
Also he has the business owners wrong in his statement. look up public records.
This idiot got his info from ??? chat rooms, blogs, Competitors forums ??
Don't believe everything you read until you research it yourself.
Also,We do not subscribe to the Better Business Bureau, We will not pay for a rating.
The Better Business Bureau in Los Angeles are crooks and try to force you into there program.
We have over 15,000 satisfied customers across the globe.